HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
WARNING: DO not EVER click on any link in any email to reset a password UNLESS you yourself requested it. Be safe on the internet. There are many scams out there. Phishing is one of them, no site, from banking to us here at Goatbeat will EVER send an email asking for you to click on a link and reset your password. SO NEVER click on a link and give out personal information.

Stats
45563 Posts in 3078 Topics by 779 Members
Latest Member: jeff891
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Vet Clinic (Moderators: imalilbirdie, Candace, pearplum, nancy d, sweetgoats, Ace)
| | |-+  Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar  (Read 1203 times)
rockytg
Bottle Babies

« on: September 06, 2011, 07:41:43 AM »

I read an article recently that suggested that giving unpasteurized apple cider vinegar to goats in their water (around 1 cup per 20 gallons) would aid in their digestion, feed conversion rates, and general overall health. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it help?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:46:46 AM »

I don't know about "un" pasteurized ACV, but I do know that ACV (purchased in the gallon size jugs at the grocery store) aids in the prevention of U.C in male goats, and it's also aids as an external parasite control.  As far as digestion goes, it might help an upset stomach..but if given too much it will cause diarrhea.  We've (meaning the members in the forum) have given it to help break up stones in Male goats with U.C.

I don't know that I would give very much "un" pasteurized ACV...as with any thing in goats, if given too much of a good thing it can cause diarrhea or worse case scenerio it will cause Polio (a very deadly disease in goats). 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:40:53 AM »

The organic or unpasteurized AVC is healthier because it still has the beneficial bacterias, while the stuff you get at the store does not. Its like the difference between raw milk and the white water you get in the store.

Apple cider vinegar is fermented apple juice, well past the stage where it produces alcohol. Goats digest their food by fermentation. "Raw" or organic ACV still contains the bacteria that is beneficial to digestion. I know a lot of humans who drink organic ACV for the same reason, the bacteria.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Ace
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Illinois

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »

I do a "shot" of Raw/Organic ACV daily.....feel "off" if I don't.   Wink

INTERNAL BENEFITS:

Rich in enzymes & potassium
    Support a healthy immune system
    Helps control weight
    Promotes digestion & ph Balance
    Helps soothe dry throats
    Helps remove body sludge toxins

EXTERNAL BENEFITS:

Helps maintain healthy skin
    Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
    Soothes irritated skin
    Relieves muscle pain from exercise
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »

body sludge? Huh? Huh? tongue

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:54:53 PM »

body sludge? Huh? Huh? tongue

works like a laxative. hahaha.

~ Birdie ~
sweetgoats
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

Ace, my DH and I were trying to do that also, but I just can not get it down,   :AH  he on the other hand does ok with it. 

Lori

Home of the Colorado State Fair Grand Champion doe, 2003,2004,2005,2007,2008,2009. and 2011.
Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor for 2008 and 2009.
Ace
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Illinois

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »

My hubby can't do it, either, sweetgoats!  I rather enjoy it   laugh
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »

One of the men on the Malamute forum I am am member of mixes the organic ACV with quinine and drinks it every night. Talk about ugh. That's a double yuck! Shocked Shocked Crazy :AH

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: