HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 11:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19691 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Mini Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Adopting 3 African Pygmy Goats
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Adopting 3 African Pygmy Goats  (Read 5042 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:55 AM »

you have caramel colorations in all of them.

Caramel comes in "light", "medium" and "dark" and you have all three in these.

It's the dream of a breeder to have the caramel colors.  The agouti patterns is the salt and pepper colorations, and they are beautiful don't get me wrong, and breeding the light caramel to the traditional agouti color, will give the tri colors...and that's what my Shooter was..he was a tri colored pygmy..

This is Shooter at 4 months old.. he is out of a Traditional marked Pygmy Doe and a Light Caramel Pygmy Buck.

As Shooter aged, the darker caramel color became very dominant in his markings..his black was brilliant, and his white forehead (I call his *star*), was just breathe taking.  This lil' boy was my pride and joy.  I trained him to be a "therapy goat", and he was the grandest hit of all when we traveled to Nursing homes, Schools and petting zoo's. 

I loved and adored all our pygmy's.  And I think you'll be the same with yours.

~ Birdie ~
Jen
Bottle Babies

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »

Congratulations on your three new additions! They are adorable! We raise pygmies and I just  love them.  Hopefully your little does aren't bred yet. We generally breed ours to kid the first time around the time they turn 2. We did have a situation last year where we bought a 5 month old doe that was bred (unbeknownst to us). The lady we bought her from had no idea. Turns out she was bred by a 5 month old buck who accidentally got in with her. It amazingly turned out well, she gave birth to a healthy single buck kid with no assistance. But I was a nervous wreck the entire time!! We have had older does who have kidded before end up having c-sections. Our vet told us that pygmies are the bulldogs of the goat world! I wouldn't trade them for the world though because there's nothing cuter than a little pygmy kid Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: