HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2014, 11:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
WARNING: DO not EVER click on any link in any email to reset a password UNLESS you yourself requested it. Be safe on the internet. There are many scams out there. Phishing is one of them, no site, from banking to us here at Goatbeat will EVER send an email asking for you to click on a link and reset your password. SO NEVER click on a link and give out personal information.

Stats
44866 Posts in 3030 Topics by 813 Members
Latest Member: Capricorn
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Vet Clinic (Moderators: imalilbirdie, Candace, pearplum, nancy d, sweetgoats, Ace)
| | |-+  goat miscarriage
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: goat miscarriage  (Read 1078 times)
Pat8484
Bottle Babies

« on: December 01, 2011, 04:13:40 PM »

i have a goat that miscarriage yesterday and the buck is trying to breed her i am going to take the bucks out in a week is there a possibility she will get breed if she does that will put her 2 months later than the rest and i dont want that.
Ace
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Illinois

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »

It is best to get the bucks away from her and out of the same area that your doe is is as soon as possible.  She needs time to heal and clean herself out. The buck trying to breed her is going to cause undue stress on her.  I'm so sorry to hear that she miscarried.
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »

Treat that miscarriage just as if she kidded----in other words give her some time to recoup her strength.  And get her away from the bucks.  I assume that a miscarriage is like a kidding and she will come into a short heat in 5 days.  That could be disasterous if you still have her in with the bucks.
Pat8484
Bottle Babies

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

ok will get the bucks out right away
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:36:28 AM »

There are reasons for miscarriages...

Mineral is a big reason (copper, selenium, are the biggest two reasons)
Feed, improper feed management.

Being head butted in the stomach by another goat and so forth.

Yes, I'd be taking that buck out of there ASAP..he doesn't need to be with the girls if he's bred them all already.

But I'd be trying to find out why she miscarried.  I had one Doe to miscarry and found out that she just wasn't ready to be bred after being rescued from a farm that allowed their goats to become seriously infested with worms/bottle jaw and other illness's..and it took me 90 days to get this Doe acting like a goat instead of a walking dead animal.  I waited 9 months after she got well from her sickness's to breed her, and should have waited a full year.   

Is her history any thing like my Does history was?

~ Birdie ~
sweetgoats
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »

I am not sure if I missed it but how far along was she?  He could of caused it.  I too would get him away.   Poor girl needs her own time.

How is she doing now?

Lori

Home of the Colorado State Fair Grand Champion doe, 2003,2004,2005,2007,2008,2009. and 2011.
Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor for 2008 and 2009.
Pat8484
Bottle Babies

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »

she was 2.5 months along and she is doing good got the bucks in another pin thanks for the help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: