HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 09:31:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Mini Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Nigerians tail length?
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Nigerians tail length?  (Read 1657 times)
HankTheTank
Goataholic

« on: February 04, 2012, 02:29:32 PM »

Does anybody know how long a Dwarfs tail is supposed to be? I was wondering because Elf's tail is really short compared to Hank's, and it almost looks like it was shortened. I can't really tell for sure, she won't let me touch her tail at all.
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »

I don't believe I have ever seen a length for the tail listed in any breed standards.  I'm sure they wouldn't want it dragging on the ground---but there is no standard length for a tail.  The main thing is the height of the goat itself.
HankTheTank
Goataholic

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »

Sorry, I guess I should have clarified. I meant to ask how long they normally are, not what the breed standard was...it really does look like the tip of it was cut off at some point   Sad
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »

Sorry---it's just too cold for me to go out and measure Autumn's tail right now.  I don't think hers is much over four inches maybe a little longer.  I try to catch er the next time I'm out in the barn.  It's possible your doe lost the tip of her tail---you should be able to tell if it isn't pointed.  The tail normal shape goes to a tip at the end.
HankTheTank
Goataholic

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »

I can't really check her tail, she won't let me touch it but maybe I'll try again when she's on the stand for worming tommorow. My sister said that it looked crooked, and I thought it looked a little strange at the end, along with looking too short. Any help is great, and I can completely understand about it being too cold out  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: