HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
WARNING: DO not EVER click on any link in any email to reset a password UNLESS you yourself requested it. Be safe on the internet. There are many scams out there. Phishing is one of them, no site, from banking to us here at Goatbeat will EVER send an email asking for you to click on a link and reset your password. SO NEVER click on a link and give out personal information.

Stats
45569 Posts in 3078 Topics by 779 Members
Latest Member: jeff891
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Goat Corral (Moderators: imalilbirdie, Candace, pearplum, nancy d, sweetgoats, Ace)
| | |-+  Keystone (Cops) Goats
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Keystone (Cops) Goats  (Read 1021 times)
Jan
Caprine Guru

Central CA. Boers, Nubian, Alpine

« on: June 13, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

We've had several weeks of unusual winds and so, I did lose some of my umbrella shades.  Not wanting to invest $$$ in 'new' umbrellas, I bought some cheap ones from Harbor Freight and Big Lots.  It's supposed to be 95+ here today, so I wanted to get the new umbrellas up as soon as possible.

Side Note:  The last animals we sold were ones who refused to allow me to 'handle' them.  I told DH I didn't want any goats or bovine that refused to be handled.

Resume story:  I had my camera in left back pocket,  my phone and zip ties in right back pocket, pen and pocket knife in front right pocket and wrench in front left pocket. 

Instead of pounding the pvc pipe into the ground, I decided to attach the umbrella poles to the fence with zip ties. 

I opened the first umbrella and stuffed the packing material into my front left pocket.  Red ran a diversion while Llama pulled the packing material from my pocket.  Simultaneously Pink Marilyn pulled the camera from my back pocket.  Then Red got the packing material from Llama and taunted me with it.  Joey was pulling on my shirt to see if I just happened to have a bottle on me, and Llama started taking the zip ties from my other back pocket.  Just as I bent over to pick up the camera, Leather Marilyn grabbed my hat and wouldn't let go.  My hat was tied on and I was trying to get my hat loose from Leather.  The triplets were trying to eat the umbrella.  Pink Marilyn decided she wasn't getting the attention she needed and was pulling on my pant leg and took some skin with it.  And while I was still bent over, Orphan couldn't stand the site of a target and butted me on....  the butt.

I don't want to be perfect, I just want to make a difference.
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »

Grin DH should have been taping this!! Durn lil pick pockets anyway hahaha.
Jan this the best goat reading in a long time!
You sure you wouldnt rather have the ones you couldnt handle? Wink
bweaver1958
Goat Genius

Nubian, La Mancha goats- Southwest New York State

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »

LOL...they sure can raise havoc when they want to, can't they?  Bet that was a sight!!!  LOL

What works here on my farm may not work at yours.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 06:36:19 AM »

Grin Grin  that would have been a prize winning video for AFV....I wish I could have been there to see that.   Grin Grin

~ Birdie ~
rgbdab
Caprine Guru

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »

LOL  quite the picture you painted   Grin

My goats are very handleable, both blessing and curse    Wink   

I learned a long time ago that if I am try to work on the fence or anything the first step has to be to pen goats and LGDs away from area I am working otherwise I spend all my time and energy chasing down animals that have swiped the stuff I am using for the work. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: