HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 02:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
WARNING: DO not EVER click on any link in any email to reset a password UNLESS you yourself requested it. Be safe on the internet. There are many scams out there. Phishing is one of them, no site, from banking to us here at Goatbeat will EVER send an email asking for you to click on a link and reset your password. SO NEVER click on a link and give out personal information.

Stats
45491 Posts in 3072 Topics by 778 Members
Latest Member: upsidedown
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Dairy Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, Candace, pearplum, nancy d, sweetgoats, Ace)
| | |-+  New doe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Topic: New doe  (Read 1632 times)
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 04:54:04 PM »

Nope--no connection.
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 09:56:29 AM »

Here they are:

Phoenix Rising, yearling Oberhasli doe:

Trillium, yearling Nubian doe:

Trillium next to my 2 1/2 month old LaMancha doeling. And by the way, the ground is level between the 2 pens:

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

eppie---that looks like Pheonix Rising!! Grin
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

She is gorgeous Dragon.  Just love the color.  She's in great hands.

Elizabeth
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »

oh man Pheonix is absolutely beautiful!!!  To me, the Obi, is the most gorgeous of all large breed dairy goats.  A goat wrapped in a touch of class!

the other two are beautiful too..and your 2 1/2month old is gonna be huge!! hahhaa.

~ Birdie ~
happyjunker
Goat Genius

Raising Meat Goats in Lincoln County, Missouri

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »

Thanks dragon!   Wink  They look to be in good shape, though small.  That Obi girl is beautiful!  Congrats on your new girls!

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 02:53:18 PM »

Actually, Vicki, the 2 1/2 month old Lamancha, is one of the smallest of the kids. That poor Nubian is even smaller than Vicki. There is almost  a year to the day between those 2. I have a pic of one of the Nubian bucklings next to Trillium and he dwarfs her! Again, he is only 2 1/2 months old and she's almost 15 months old.

I checked her out really good and I don't feel any sign of udder development, nor do I feel anything like a kid on her right side or lower belly. I'm betting she is not bred. I hope I am right!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »

The Obi girl is the right size for her age. She came from a different farm and has had the best of care since the day she was born. They have a gorgeous herd of Oberhasli and Nigerian Dwarfs.

The Nubian was born and bred on a very nice farm, but was sold to someone who really doesn't understand proper goat care, even though they do have several Nubians.

Ace
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Illinois

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »

Beautiful, just beautiful! 
Pheonix looks like the Obi, "Paprika", that I was supposed to get earlier this spring.  Sad

Their coats are so nice & shiney!   Smiley 
bweaver1958
Goat Genius

Nubian, La Mancha goats- Southwest New York State

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »

OOOOOOOOO I want that Obi!!!!  She is just gorgeous!!  I just got to see the pictures and she is just beautiful!  That may be my next goat, an Obi.  Wink  The markings are wonderful and her coat is so nice and shiney. 

What works here on my farm may not work at yours.
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »

And yet I have seen Obis that didn't have that shiny coat like they are supposed to have.  Usually it is from poor food and dry skin.  Lynn has a really dark chamoisse color that she has worked hard to get.  All her goats are that shade of chamoisse.
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »

Yeah, looking at her pen of Obies is like a fanatasy.....all those blood bay beauties.  She's done a great job of breeding them.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen an "Ugly" Obi...even those with lesser care are beautiful animals.  I've only had 2 encounters with Obi's...and not only do I adore their coloration and markings, but their personalities are hard to beat. 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Goat Genius

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »

They are, usually, calm and loving goats. And the many different shades of bay are nice.

Julie H
Goat Genius

Minnesota

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 01:40:55 PM »

If she was bred and due the 22nd I would surely think you would see evidence of it by now.  Even my 2 small does that I wasn't sure of left no doubt the last month before they were due.  She doesn't look small in the pictures until you said how old her neighbor was!!   Do you think will excellent food and care she will be a decent size- height wise- by next year?( if not bred ,of course)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: