HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 03:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
Infrastructure change is complete!
Thank you for your cooperation.

Stats
22987 Posts in 1677 Topics by 837 Members
Latest Member: rwren8
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Just Getting Started (Moderators: imalilbirdie, Candace, pearplum, nancy d, sweetgoats, Ace)
| | |-+  Yellow white liquid coming out from the anus
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Yellow white liquid coming out from the anus  (Read 2767 times)
laynekurt
Bottle Babies

« on: July 27, 2012, 05:56:18 AM »

Hello friendly goat keepers!!

I just want to ask this, my 8 mont doe probably 1 month pregnant have a yellow white liquid things from her anus, I'm surely that she is not in heat and the yellow white thing is coming out from her anus, I just saw it yesterday and today, and I'm really concern, knowing it that this is not normal, her appetite is good as well, and I'm sure this is not a worm because I worm her valbazen a week before he breed.?

I hoping for a answer with my concern, thank you members!!
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 07:07:31 AM »

Oh my---I hope you don't have an 8 month old who is pregnant.  That is too young.

The discharge sounds like she is in heat.  Are you sure she is pregnant?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:10:31 AM »

Valbazen is the most dangerous wormer on the market.  It can cause all kinds of issues with unborn babies as well as the health of your goat.  It's a wormer that has no forgiving aspects of even the slightest overdose.

8 month old Doe, bred already?  My goodness that's really young.  What breed is she?  Even dairy breeders wait longer than 8 months I do believe.

As for the yellowish discharge, most generally this is a worm issue...but I don't suggest worming her with Valbazen ever again...use more of a pregnant doe safe wormer..such as Dectomax (my personal favorite, as it's very forgiving and requires no redosing), Ivomec (again a very safe wormer for pregnant Does, and is very forgiving to the slightest degree of overdosing, but does not work well in all areas of the country due to over usage of it), Cydectin pour on for Cattle, given orally to goats (a fully rounded wormer, requires no redosing), and/or Safeguard/Panacur (this wormer again, is a very forgiving wormer, safe for pregnant does, but it requires dosing once daily for at least 5 days to be affective, this wormer ONLY kills hookworm, tapeworms, pinworms, and roundworms...it will NOT kill the larger worms such as strongyles, or baber pole).

What type of feed do you have this Doe on? 

Welcome to the forum..nice to have you with us.

~ Birdie ~
laynekurt
Bottle Babies

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »

I'm sure she is not in heat because the white discharge is coming out from her anus.. And I'm sure that this is not worm because I experienced seing a worm, it's kind like a yellowish liquid coming out with no pooh from her anus, but if she pooh I see it normal. I'm sorry for my English
She has a 6O percent boer probably.

I live here in the Philippines,  im sorry for my English.
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 08:49:03 AM »

Sometimes dairy breeders bred at a year old but we usually wait until the yearlings are a year and a half to breed.  Breeding too early can result in stunted growth.
laynekurt
Bottle Babies

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »

4 days before I saw this is a give her dailly about 1 pound of barley seed mix with rice bran, my purpose is to feed her in not empty stomach because it is rainy season here and it is wet all outside for to long now.
bweaver1958
Goat Genius

Nubian, La Mancha goats- Southwest New York State

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »

It sounds to me like tapeworms.  I use Ivomec injectible, 1cc per 50 pounds given orally.  It is safe for pregnant and lactating does and it is a good wormer for tapes.  Tape worms will look like drops of cream coming out, and you said "liquid", so that tells me it is tapeworms.  Also, because you say it is wet there and you are in a warm climate, I would say it's a worm issue.  Please, don't worm her with Valbazen again.  Pregnant does and kids can't handle Valbazen. 
Can I ask why you bred her so early?  Typically, we don't breed until they are at least a year old...they need time to grow before they kid.  Kidding is hard on a doe, and breeding her too early or too often can really create some problems in kidding and the does health. 

What works here on my farm may not work at yours.
Ace
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Illinois

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »

Your English is just fine, no worries   Smiley

Couple of questions:  Is your buck in with your doe(s)?  Also, is it possible that the discharge has come from her vaginal opening and is just "hung up" on her bum and it looks like it's coming from there?

laynekurt
Bottle Babies

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 11:52:01 PM »

Im sorry i dont know how to use injectible wormers, i just said to the store that if there's a goat wormer then she gave me a valbazen i just follow the instruction dosage...

My doe is surely not comtact in my buck,, i Explain why..

Usually here in Philippines goats can raise by ordinary people and there are no such a breed of goat here because all i know about 90 percent of breed here is mix breed they are about 30 pounds in maturity, we call it Native goat here,, by i do believe they are mix breed ,, because many goats here are different in height color or some has no horns,,

Here in our country 1 to 3 goats is the average for 1 family,, goat meat are slaughter in occasion like b-day, fiesta and some other occasion

all of goats here are tied,, at morning we use to find a open area to the goat to stay there with there tie ( about 5 meters ) and at the afternoon we use to get back at they safe houses to rest...

Rainy season here is the disappointing here for goat owners because many goats here died from diarrhea..

I come to this forum to have  knowledge about goat keeping because i love them so..

And im really happy that my goats didn't  sick this season,, because a lot of goat farmers here have a mortality in there goats..

If i just see my does again with this Yellow white liquid coming out from the anus.. i will just take a picture of it and i will show here..

Thank you fellas!!!

Wish you all at well!!!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 06:36:10 AM »

Layne...
the injectable wormers, you don't have to inject them...you can definitely give them orally and actually it is MUCH better to give it orally than to inject it...worms are in the stomach...so the wormer needs to start in the stomach, not absorbed into the system...so take those injectable wormers and give them orally...draw them up in a syringe, remove the needle, open the mouth, put the syringe into the side of the mouth as far back into the mouth as you can get it, and push in on the syringe plunger in.  That's all there is to it, very easy to do, just like you did with the valbazen.

~ Birdie ~
laynekurt
Bottle Babies

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:38 AM »

Imalil
          Ty for the newknowlege now i I know already and I have a choice in selecting wormers, I will just check out at the farm supply store if they have that wormer in our area..

You know what I had a read a lot of negative effects of valbazen at the web..

Ty for the tips!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:23:40 AM by laynekurt » Logged
laynekurt
Bottle Babies

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »

Ty to you all guys for the concern, I will just check it out my doe if that happen again I will take a picture of her..

You all guys are great!! Ty
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:44:51 AM by laynekurt » Logged
laynekurt
Bottle Babies

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »

Wink
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Southern Louisiana

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 06:49:33 AM »

keep us posted on how she's doing.  Smiley

~ Birdie ~
sweetgoats
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »

i wonder if the goats are dieing there becasue of Cocciosis?  It is real common in the wet areas. 

Not sure if you can get the meds to treat them there.

I will say that breeding them at 8 months is not that bad.  I have had does that kidded at their first birthday, (not on purpose).

yes please keep us posted. 

Take picture of your goats to show us anyway, we love to see them.

Lori

Home of the Colorado State Fair Grand Champion doe, 2003,2004,2005,2007,2008,2009. and 2011.
Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor for 2008 and 2009.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: