HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 10:51:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19536 Posts in 1390 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Goat Corral (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Delaval 102 separator
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Delaval 102 separator  (Read 2409 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: October 22, 2012, 05:43:55 PM »

I went and got the old separator today. When I got home and played with it and finally got it together. However, I found that the drive rod is slightly bent. I cant get a tight fit on the spouts and milk reservoir, so they spin when I try to use it. If I really push it down hard, the drive rod doesn't rotate.

Any ideas on how to get this thing working?

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
bweaver1958
Goat Genius

Nubian, La Mancha goats- Southwest New York State

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »

Can you put the rod in 2 vices and hammer it to straighten it?  I don't know anything about those things, so I don't know how thick the rod is.  Can you buy a replacement rod?

What works here on my farm may not work at yours.
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »

Find an old farmer who knows about separators and ask him/her.
You might also call --  oh darn I don't remember the name of the place.  I will check with Sandy when she comes in and get it for you.  I do know they are really nice and have super knowledgable people there.  It is a parts place for stuff like the separator.
Back as soon as she finishes chores!!!
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:39:51 AM »

The name of the place is "Parts Department" and it is in Conn.  Excellent source for strange parts needed for milk machines, etc.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »

Cool, thanks Sally. I can get it working, but the top is a bit wobbly because the bottom part won't fit in tightly.

No, you can't take the rod out. I wish it were that simple. Only about an inch is visible and even when you unscrew the area where it comes out, you can only see a 1/8 inch more. You need more tools and know how to get to it than I have!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: