HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2020, 11:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
wcm

Stats
2667 Posts in 157 Topics by 729 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Surprise, Surprise
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Surprise, Surprise  (Read 218 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: February 24, 2020, 01:15:13 PM »

Came out Sunday morning to see a doe I didn't think was anywhere near in a feed pan making pushing noises Huh?

Got her into a kidding pen and kept an eye on her as we did chores.  She alternated between pushing and crying out. I could see 1 hoof poking out and felt in there and there was another hoof and a warm mouth  Smiley

I let her go a bit longer and finally when the nubs of feet and nose poked out I grabbed them ( feet)  and gently pulled with her next contraction.  She was hardly pushing as she seemed wore out.  Babies are not huge and the second one was a breech and came out easily.  They seem fine and after a rest she is being a super first time momma.  Everyone is doing great!

Just needed a little help Wink  2 Bucks of course Cry

FRISK

image hosting

FLYNN

image hosting
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 06:19:13 AM »

Oh my gosh, they are sooooo sooooo SOOOOOO cute!!  I just want to grab them up and hug and kiss the dickens out of them.  Of course the bucklings are always the cutest...but that doesn't matter to me, buck or doe...they are just so precious.  Congratulations.  Your first time momma did really good.  Praying the weather is nicer to you than what it is down here today. 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 02:02:27 PM »

Not nice weather at all, but if we can get through the weekend it will be better!  I have another first timer kidding now she has 1 out , just waiting to see what comes next!!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 06:58:17 AM »

What did you get?  Is everyone doing good?  Congratulations again.  Smiley

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 12:30:44 PM »

She had a single Buckling.  Then last night after dinner we went out to check on her and I had another FF who had just kidded  Smiley  We got her in the barn and she had a single as well. Finally a doe!

Everyone is doing great.  I am already  tired of getting up at 12:30 am and 4 am to check !
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 06:43:33 AM »

Grin Grin Sleep deprivation.  Not good at all.  hahaha.  I'd be saying the same thing I'm sure.  Congrats on the newest arrivals.  Happy to hear they are doing good having singles on their own. 

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: