HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19692 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Helpful Hints (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  home made milking machines.
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: home made milking machines.  (Read 3701 times)
Marta
Goat Genius

(Crimea)ooooops whats that there then?

« on: January 27, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

Some where I have seen a home made milking machine using a vacuum cleaner and a lot of spare parts pulsater (I cannot get the spelling for that word lol) etc, does anyone have an Idea of how one is built. I have seen a video some where some time,

dont tell me to give em drugs we aint got non here in Crimea, its all herbs and such
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »

Marta I just posted pictures of my frineds home made one in your other post.

Rocky

A & N Lazy Pond Farm, a small Boer Goat farm in East Tennessee
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 05:41:46 PM »

Has anyone on here used one of those? I was just wondering how much easier they are on arthritic hands vs. hand milking. The hand pump thing looks like it would be more painful.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Marta
Goat Genius

(Crimea)ooooops whats that there then?

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »

yer thanks Rocky, looks easy to make. was just pondering on the vacuum cleaner idea as well  Roll Eyes wellllllllll I am a man with more than 1 thought lol

dont tell me to give em drugs we aint got non here in Crimea, its all herbs and such
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:07:09 AM »

I believe that Candace does use the Henry Milker...we'd have to ask her though...I do know she uses a milker because she has Corporal Tunnel in her wrists and can't hand milk any more.

~ Birdie ~
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »

I use the Henry Milker and really like it.  I only have one sorta good hand to use for milking and I have arthritis in my thumb joint in that hand that made milking very painful for me.  Plus it took me twice as long since I could only milk one teat at a time.  I have Nigerians and it works great on them and I know I've seen people on youtube using it on the full size dairy goats as well.  The only thing is that it doesn't milk out completely (atleast my experience) so I finish that out myself.

Dragon, I thought the hand pump would hurt as well, but I found a way to hold it so that it doesn't hurt so much.  Much better for me than milking totally by hand for sure. 

Elizabeth
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: