HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 01:28:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
20244 Posts in 1450 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Goat Corral (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Pens design and layout
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Pens design and layout  (Read 2000 times)
True bush
Bottle Babies

My Kiko buck

« on: February 08, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »

I would like to have someone help me design a layout for pens working area, including birthing stalls, weaning area etc. I would really like to have a master plan for this to work towards.
taelir
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »

How many animals do you have? How much space are you working with? There are a lot of factors to consider when building pens and such...

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »

How many animals do you have? How much space are you working with? There are a lot of factors to consider when building pens and such...

Yes, I agree...

True, I posted in your introduction thread as to how I plan a few of mine...but even the most well laid out plans have Plan B for back up if Plan A doesn't work out.  hahah.

~ Birdie ~
True bush
Bottle Babies

My Kiko buck

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »

If i email a picture and layout with measurements would you be able to help with designing something?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:25:56 AM »

possibly we could. Smiley  But personal preference should be part of it too...how far away from the house do you want a barn?  What style of barn are you wanting?  The way we found the style we wanted was we looked at the Morton barns...they design many styles and shapes, and exteriors...so if you choose what style you want, then we'll know more how to advise setting up the inside of it...if you choose the size that would help too. 

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: