HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 09:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Mini Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Having a great Kidding season so far
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: Having a great Kidding season so far  (Read 6126 times)
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 09:17:55 AM »

The yellow color is perfectly normal for the first week or two.  Babies will go in that color until they start nibbeling some 'solid' food.
countryluvnfarms
Bouncing Babies

NPGA Pygmy Goats Pelion,SC

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »

Yeah i have seen that over the last 3 years. The texture is my main concern. Normally it will be yellow but still form sticky balls.  When i get home from work i will post a pic of it. it the texture of silicone and was just as stickey. I haven't had that before except with the Doeling i lost (His sister). He is 4 days old now he was born at 3lbs he is only 3lb 2 oz after 4 day. That is on the slow side. The wife is on the way back from the vet with them now. All we can do is wait on the test results. It could be nothing. I just don't want to take a chance and it be somthing wrong with the doe or loose another kid. It just breaks my heart to loose one. These goats are like my kids i guess that is why i have them.
countryluvnfarms
Bouncing Babies

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »

Mom is good nothing showing in test but temp was slightly elevated. The vet did find the problem and it was me. I had to go in and assist So as with anytime you have to go in or if she doesn't clean out well you give a round of antibiotics and i did. I haven't had this occur before  so being that the doe was still leaking unclear fluid i thought it best to continue antibiotics.  This is what could be causing the sticky stools. Now that being said the vet gave her another round of antibiotics because she still has colored fluid leaking. She said it should clear in  a few days. She recommended to take him off the mom until we complete the  antibiotics and use the milk i have taken off the other does. Now i can focus on the doe and monitory both of their temps.
countryluvnfarms
Bouncing Babies

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »

I listed my kids last night at 8pm by 11 pm all were sold. One young lady was driving down the highway back to North Carolina when she saw the add. She called me just looking i told her it would be allright to come that night. She got there around 10pm. Within a few minutes she changed her mind and Gave me the deposit on 3 of the doelings. A few minutes after she left another lady called and took the Twin blue eyed Nigerian dwarfs. She brought the deposit to me this morning. I have been on the phone all morning calling other breeders trying to help the other folks That have called today wanting pygmy or Nigerians. One of my breeded friends has sold all 9 she had ready and won't have more born for a few more weeks. Can you believe these folks want to put down deposits on unborn Kids. I don't know what has spired the market in this area for Minis but i guess it is on. maybe we can get enough growth and interest in this area to begin some shows in SC now.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 05:43:43 AM »

Let me tell you why they are selling that fast...Cinco De Mayo...it's fast approaching and those folks want the mini's because they are better for smaller families.  This is the selling time of year for sure.

You know your Doe is going to clean out with all sorts of colors of discharge for 6 to 8 wks after giving birth...what she's doing is perfectly normal.  I wouldn't have her on any more antibiotics unless her body temp says it's called for.

~ Birdie ~
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 08:23:51 AM »

Just found this and those babies are adorable.
Rocky

A & N Lazy Pond Farm, a small Boer Goat farm in East Tennessee
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: