HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 07:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19691 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Working, Showing and Wether Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  livestock clippers for wethers
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: livestock clippers for wethers  (Read 4333 times)
goatgirl132
Bottle Babies

« on: April 06, 2013, 11:25:37 AM »

What kind of LIVESTOCK clippers do you use????

Im lookim at buying some livestock clippers fir my goats. I need to use these for my SHOW WETHERS and they need to last many many many years! Ill be using them several time a year on several goats!

And yes i know their expencive. i have the $300 to spend  on a pair. And no its not my parents money its my buy so i have to get the money for em.
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »

What kidn are you looking at?  We use Oster clippers and clip about 30 goats at least 12 times per year for shows.  We use a set of smaller clipper on the legs.
goatgirl132
Bottle Babies

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »

Id post pics if it let me this is getting really annoying
goatgirl132
Bottle Babies

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 01:00:33 PM »

I need it to fit these blades
goatgirl132
Bottle Babies

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »

Oh my god finaly!
It only took my LITERLY  like 30 trys
taelir
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 03:41:56 PM »

Just curious, but why are you stuck using those blades? They're way too big for goats IMO.

After doing a quick Google search, they look like they *may* fit Wahl clippers as well as the Lister clippers. Your best bet is to call a grooming supply company and ask them.

Our large Oster clippers that we use for our show steers are OLD...I know my husband used them back when he was in 4-H. They're still working great. Can't speak for longevity of small clippers or newer models as we haven't purchased any yet. Need to do that soon.
goatgirl132
Bottle Babies

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 05:07:34 PM »

Im using them becaus ethats what my ffa teahers use and my 4h group.
And i have like 3 blades of that kind.

And Thats what my ag teaher and ag group manager have been using aince they were in ffa/4h and they use them on their kids animals now.
HillBilleBip
Goataholic

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »

Why don't you ask your FFA advisors or the 4H group what clippers they use..then you would know what clippers to buy that fit those blades.  Just a suggestion, seems pretty logical.  Smiley
taelir
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »

Why don't you ask your FFA advisors or the 4H group what clippers they use..then you would know what clippers to buy that fit those blades.  Just a suggestion, seems pretty logical.  Smiley

+1
goatgirl132
Bottle Babies

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »

Because we have like 6 different clippers.
I wanna say their all WAHL so Im just looking to see what everyone els (i guess now of WAHL likes)
HillBilleBip
Goataholic

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »

I use Andis clippers....I like them...but I don't think the blades you have will fit them.  I got them from Highland Livestock supply....you can check out their website and possibly find the WAHL clippers your blades would work with, I am sure they would have them on the website.
taelir
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 05:54:06 PM »

Because we have like 6 different clippers.
I wanna say their all WAHL so Im just looking to see what everyone els (i guess now of WAHL likes)

So then you're saying you can test the blades to see if they fit any of your clippers (at least to get an idea of what would fit and what wouldn't). Our point is that we can't tell you for sure what will or won't fit those blades. And since you're concerned about longevity, two of us have mentioned Oster.
goatgirl132
Bottle Babies

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

Im gunna go with lister  i know they fit the blades i have.

I was wrog when i said wahl my bad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: