HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 03:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
20251 Posts in 1451 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Goat Corral (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  where did that come from
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: where did that come from  (Read 2026 times)
Marta
Goat Genius

(Crimea)ooooops whats that there then?

« on: April 29, 2013, 05:11:48 AM »

One minute it was 0 deg and nothing growing then 2 days later its time to cut the hay, the temp went up to 23 and the grass started sprouting seeds, where on earth did that summer come from, where was spring, what happenned towinter, oh dear where am I .

dont tell me to give em drugs we aint got non here in Crimea, its all herbs and such
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:30:47 AM »

Well thats just great, all our spring flowers have bloomed and gone so you can take pictures of yours and post them and we can enjoy spring blooms just a little longer.
Rocky

A & N Lazy Pond Farm, a small Boer Goat farm in East Tennessee
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:38:31 AM »

Well thats just great, all our spring flowers have bloomed and gone so you can take pictures of yours and post them and we can enjoy spring blooms just a little longer.
Rocky

Grin Grin  Same here Nancy...our gardens will be ready to reap in a month or less...we're picking strawberries and blackberries now...we've been mowing grass for over 2 months now...we went straight from winter it seems like to a milder type summer but it's sure not spring. 

Bob,
Did an alien come down and take you to a different state while you were sleeping?  Wink Grin

~ Birdie ~
happyjunker
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 07:49:02 AM »

We've had 3 or 4 cool, rainy, dreary days without sun.  It is nice to see this sun today.  Dave told me it is supposed to get up to 80.  Should be good and humid I would assume.  UGH!  Oh well, I need the sunshine.  I've been getting down with all this grayness.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »

My strawberry and rhubarb plants are just barely poking their heads out of the dirt, I think they are afraid of getting snowed on. Some of the trees are starting to show buds. Gardens are still 6 weeks or so away from being planted.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Oregoats
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »

We started mowing in January!! Blasted grass. But it is too
wet and mucky to plant anything for a while.
 Today is is 50 and raining. Supposed to be 80 this weekend.
Who is in charge of the weather?! They need a talking to.  Roll Eyes

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth- Albert Einstein
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »

Our snow just finally melted this weekend!!  I can see budding on some trees, my daylilies and Iris are up and I sat on the porch in the sun without any kind of outerwear!

Gardens and hay will be a while for us.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: