HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 09:08:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19532 Posts in 1390 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Fiber Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Julie!! Here's your Angora shearing.
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Julie!! Here's your Angora shearing.  (Read 4203 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« on: May 14, 2013, 05:46:49 AM »

It looks to me like you did a fantastic job!!  She sure is a pretty girl. Smiley

~ Birdie ~
Ace
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »

Nice job, Julie!  Pretty goat   Smiley
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »

Wow, a naked goat. She looks mad.  laugh

Nice job clipping!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »

You did a really nice job with the clipping.  She looks just thrilled with what just happened  Grin  She's a pretty girl!

Elizabeth
Julie
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I gave her time to get used to us here then had my son hold her for me.  She's so much happier now.  She likes to tin and play with the others now.  I put a foal halter on her and tied her to the fence had my son hold her horns carefully keeping her in front of his knees.  Once I got going she knew what I was doing and was pretty calm about it.  Her fleece is very long and pretty but also smelly.  Maybe next year should trim her back end so she doesn't gather so much nasty smell their.  Now to get busy cleaning all that hair.  I'm going to be busy for a while!
Julie
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:15:01 PM »

I got some fleece cleaned today boy was that gross!  Very smelly.  Got it drying now.  Tomorrow I will see how good it is.  She is so much happier now without the 8 inch long hair! 
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 06:39:32 AM »

I love the angora goats...adore them...but the fleece is why I haven't gotten one.  I'm afraid I wouldn't be keen on shearing..but I do think they are the most gorgeous creatures that God could have created.

~ Birdie ~
Julie
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 08:04:45 PM »

Love the fleece.  Love cleaning it and picking out all the trash.  Gives me something to do and it's pain free.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: