HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 12:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Working, Showing and Wether Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Showing a junior doweling with milk goiter
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Showing a junior doweling with milk goiter  (Read 1432 times)
Wensbrit
Bottle Babies

« on: June 26, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »

Hey there, the vet came out and gave us our health certificates for our three Nubian babies. One he noticed, has a milk goiter...I am wondering how that will affect her first showing in two weeks. I would hate for my son to be disappointed if she is disqualified or something....anyone with experience? That you!
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:42 PM »

If I were chairin that show, I would accept a note from the vet stating that it is a milk goiter.  The show chair would have to accept that note.  I would also make sure you have the health certificates with you.
The judge should certainly know the differance between a milk goiter and something else.  While the doeling may not stand as high in the placings, there is really no reason to disqualify her.  They can only be disqualified for a unknown lump, etc.  
Just make sure you have the note from the vet--in fact it wouldn't hurt to have him look at her again just before the show and then date the note closer to the show date.

Note:  there is a good chance that the goiter will be gone before the show---you have two weeks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:57:19 PM by Sally P » Logged
Wensbrit
Bottle Babies

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »

Thank you Sally! Good thinking! Will do!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: