HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 07:45:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19691 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Working, Showing and Wether Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Champion Buck
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Champion Buck  (Read 4574 times)
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« on: May 27, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »

On Saturday we took four of our bucks to the one show(S) held in Maine for bucks.  It is actually three shows on the same day and done under three different judges.  So getting a championship in one eay/evening is possible provided your buck wins his breed classes in all three shows.
Well--Sha-sta-kovich followed in his father's footsteps.  He is three and quite the Toggenburg buck.  He was scared to death of the show ring, but he managed to win all three shows and he is now a Permanent Champion.  Quite the accomplishment for a boy who is really scared of his own shadow!!
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:39:06 PM »

Wow!  Congratulations and hooray for him!  Wish you were closer so we could breed our sweet Togg (Dusty) to him.  Do you think you might do frozen semen straws?  We're having a rough time finding a nearby buck, other than her father, which I don't want to use.

We need pictures of this guy!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 06:29:11 AM »

Wow!!  Very eventful weekend for you.  Did you show all three days...Sat, Sun, and Monday?
Congratulations on the win(s)...that's pretty awesome.

~ Birdie ~
Sally P
Goat Genius

New Sharon, Maine

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »

Thanks!  No Birdie==the three buck shows are done on one day.  It's pretty hectic as they show for about three hours one after the other.  The three judges are there and they do one show and then a double ring for the other two.  It's tiring because it's fairly fast paced.  Course it helps if your buck behaves and doesn't do "airs above ground" like our boy decided to do at one point!
Our 6 year old alpine buck was really really well behaved and he "smiled" during the whole thing.  I think he likes showing.
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 02:18:51 PM »

Sally you just cant get away with this great honor without pics!!! Angry Wink
Now find someone who can do it, better yet tis about high time ya learned it youself.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »

Congrats! How awesome!

Every year I swear I am going to bring my kids to that show, since it's only about 10 minutes from my house. I can't get the days off from work. sigh....

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: