HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19842 Posts in 1418 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  In Those We Trust (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  My Poor Brook UPDATED
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: My Poor Brook UPDATED  (Read 2014 times)
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« on: June 18, 2014, 05:54:40 PM »

When I took her to the groomers and they were clipping her tail they kicked a lump that had formed. It was a small tumor but too large to remove as there would not have been enough skin to cover.

So she is in the house now.

Rocky
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:24:34 PM by Rockytopsis » Logged

A & N Lazy Pond Farm, a small Boer Goat farm in East Tennessee
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:29:02 PM »

Oh poor baby.
mountaingoat12
Bottle Babies

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »

Ouch! Sad
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:29 AM »

oh poor baby girl.  Do they know if the tumor is cancerous or not?

~ Birdie ~
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »

I did not request them to check it for cancer.

I have a friend that went through that and to date has spent 5 grand on the dog with kemo and shots and the dog still has cancer. IMO it would have been kinder to put the dog down as the way I see it, the poor thing does not have quality of life as it is sick all the time and cant cant control its bowls. I just could not put her through that, so will just wait and see.

Rocky

Wildflower
Caprine Guru

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

My lab Auzi mix had what I thought was a fatty tumor on his foot for four years. It was getting bigger so we had it removed even though it didn't bother him. Turns out it was cancerous but the good news is that was three years ago and he is almost 11 and doing great.  Sometimes we get a break and even though there is a scary diagnosis the animal manages to proceed with a good life.  We are lucky to have a vet in Mexico that we love so the testing etc..is a tenth of the price.  Good luck with your dog I hope he is lucky and keeps trucking like my Azul!

Medical Lake, Spokane Washington area
sweetgoats
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 12:26:26 PM »

Poor baby.  Hope she feels better soon. 

Lori

Home of the Colorado State Fair Grand Champion doe, 2003,2004,2005,2007,2008,2009. and 2011.
Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor for 2008 and 2009.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 05:44:18 PM »

how's she doing now Nancy?  I agree...Cancer is so hard on the dogs...I have lost three to cancer...Ringo was my last one and to this day, I still cry over that.  Cry

~ Birdie ~
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 06:05:07 PM »

Well it is a on going saga with her. Partly my fault I think Cry

Monday was Doctor day for Al and I, me in the morning and him in the afternoon, which as you all can imagine took up the majority of the day and I admit other that seeing her a few minutes in the morning she was fine at that time.

Tuesday, daughter comes up and is here as soon as goats are taken care of, we pick beans, wash and snap beans and then start canning, what a fiasco that was, put it all in the Walmart rant. So I did not see her yesterday. Al fed and did not say any thing so I am sure she was ok Tuesday.

OK forward to this morning, fed, got a look at her stub, BRIGHT PINK, STITCHES GONE, OPEN WOUND.

I called the vet, he took her in, cleaned the stub, no sign of infection, gave me stuff to keep bandaged for several more days.

Got her home, locked her in the barn with water, gave her a pain pill to calm her down. Went down a few hours later and she had pulled the bandage off, had to wait for Al to come home, re-cleaned and bandaged it.

As of an hour ago she still had the bandage on.

This has not been my week and I know it has not been hers either.

Rocky

Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

Well she kept pulling the bandage off, I know it was bothering her, but I kept at it for a whole week. I finally told her right to her muzzle "look if your tail rots off it aint my fault"

I kept a check on her with the bandage off and when I saw her licking it I got on to her.

The wound started to close real good and today she only has a little blip of a sore remaining and I think the hair is starting to re-grow.

Guess she took me at my word.

Rocky

nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »

Glad she listened to you Rockytop!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 06:32:05 AM »

it is so hard to keep dogs from removing bandages.  I'm real glad to hear it's healing up now.  It was probably itching and causing her to lick..but the itching means it's healing. 

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: