HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:07:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19842 Posts in 1418 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  In Those We Trust (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Suggestions
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Suggestions  (Read 1218 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: September 14, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »

My lead female Malamute, Nukka, has torn her ACL. I can't afford surgery, so I am treating her with NSAIDS and rest. They make braces for dogs, but again, waaaaaay out of my price range as they are custom made and involves several trips to the vet..

I am trying to rig up a stablizing brace for her. I am modeling it after the one I wore for several months this past winter when I had a similar injury. My problem is how do I fit neoprene to her stifle area and down? I don't think they make human braces that small, tho I am looking. I have figured how to put stabilizing rods onto it, if I could only find the neoprene part!

Any suggestions???????

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:03:19 PM »

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=stabilizing+braces+for+dogs+legs&qpvt=stabilizing+braces+for+dogs+legs&FORM=IGRE

I don't have a clue what to tell you Dragon...but I hope the link above might help you with some fresh ideas.  I wonder if you bought a neoprene sock (like I see that one poodle -- I think it's a poodle any way---wearing in the one picture of that link), and whip stitched it up small enough to fit on your dog?

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 10:28:55 AM »

Thank you Birdie!!!!!!!! I found a couple that would work For Nukk, they are overseas, but I may be ordering soon. I am working an over time shift next week that should pay for it. I just have to figure out the measurements, since I don't know squat about metric!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »

metric to inches conversion chart
http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/millimeters-to-inches.htm

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 05:42:26 PM »

Cool! Thanks!!!!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: