HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 04:54:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
20244 Posts in 1450 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  In Those We Trust (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  I think I figured it out
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: I think I figured it out  (Read 1517 times)
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« on: December 15, 2014, 06:59:26 PM »

Remember a few years back when Dep tore up a buck's ear? It was during breeding season & all Dep was doing was protecting his girls.
So we moved buck to different pen where Dep could not see, much less have access.
When we got a new buck we put him into that pen and any does to be bred so I wouldn't have torn buck ear.
Well, Bolt is too big to band & still in with the girls.
Some of them have been covered by Darlin but I noticed a couple of the yrlgs in heat & Im pretty sure little Bolt took care of business.
All this time there has been no aggression on Dep's part, I truly believe since Bolt is HIS "baby" he belongs & can do what he wants.
Auto & Darlin were from outside farms.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:49:19 AM »

it could make a difference for sure.  Is he still aggressive with the other two boys?

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »

Pam, Darlin is still on the opposite side where Dep cant see.
It has made me rethink all this....someday get a couple FB does to produce some nice bucklings of our own. All does are either purebred or %.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:29:26 AM »

well it sounds like a good plan.  But what will you do with the Does that your potential buck will be related to?

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »

Unless really outstanding they will probably go for meat. Im not sure how ABGA will handle it; new rules state that any kids born next yr to have sire's DNA on file. Darlin will have his filed.
Since Bolt can not there's no way around it. The kids might be reg at 50%. But with no DNA on him I don't know.
He is a 75%  & there's plenty of genetics to not have to deal with weird off spring, though he is a cousin/half bro.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: