HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 06:48:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19684 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Helpful Hints (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Wow.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Wow.  (Read 3823 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: September 04, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »

I had a person put a hold on a doeling this summer. I got a message yesterday that they would like to pick her up this morning. I gave directions and phone number etc, basic stuff. Just like always.

So last night I get a message form this person saying they were looking at my fb farm page. They mentioned that they didn't see my picture. I messaged back that I don't post pics of myself, since I am the one with the camera. They typed back that they had greying hair and big ears so i would recognize him when he got here. I said that I had a big nose, gray hair and was chubby. Then it got weird. Asked if I was married. Hmmm...time to stop the conversation.

This morning he called to say he was at Dunkin Donuts and needed directions to my house from there. I gave them to him-from the wrong Dunkin. Oops. He called back and left a message saying that, and saying that he would have to spank me. WHAT!!!!!!?????? Him and whose army?

So, needless to say, it was a bit odd when he showed up. He actually said that he thought I was going to be fatter. ????????

Because I didn't want to lose the sale (I really need the young stock gone ) I didn't say what I wanted to say. Then he asked if I lived there alone. I told him that my adult son lives here with me. When he asked what I did for work and I told him hospital security, former cop, that seemed to shut him up. He loaded the doeling and left to pick up her buddy and return home to his island.

Never, in all my years selling livestock, have I had someone hit on me like that. I guess i am going to have to start having people here when I have customers stop by. How inconvenient.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:56:56 PM »

WOW is right.  That is creepy.  Please be careful.  I guess his advances would have been a lift to your ego and not at all unwelcome, if he had been  " normal"  Grin Grin
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 03:25:09 PM »

I didn't mention his personal creep factor. He had several hoop type earrings up both ears and green teeth. Hide RUN!!!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:44:22 AM »

I think I would have greeted him with a few dogs at my side. Smiley  I've had a few situations like this happen a time or two...but nothing like what you went through.  It's not safe to do any thing alone any more.  Especially if you live down here where I am. haha.  You do carry concealed right?

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »

No, no place to carry in the summer. My shorts will not hold a holster.

I don't dare let the dogs out. I don't want them punished for biting. My neighbors were having a BBQ on the front lawn, so all I had to do would be yell and the calvary would arrive.

creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 04:08:45 PM »

That is scary and creepy.  It's a shame.  Can hardly do anything anymore without dealing with some weirdos.  I think it gets worse every year. 

Seriously though, be careful!

Elizabeth
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 05:47:40 AM »

that's so true Elizabeth.  So very true.

Deb, I leash my dogs if it's someone coming I don't trust.  Here's what we were told we had to do with our dogs (since they are personal protection trained)...at the entrance of our property and every 100 feet to each side of the entrance (all around the property), we had to put "No Trespassing" signs.  Then 50 to 75 feet behind that we had to put the "Beware of Dog" signs.  This way our insurance covers dog bites.  If the intruder or person of vicious intent crosses the no trespassing sign, then they are already doing something forbidden, and then if they continue past the "beware of dog" sign then their decision is their own and not the fault of our dogs or us.  As for invited people such as the man you dealt with, he reads the signs at the gate, he reads the signs behind the gate..he then knows what he's dealing with before he ever reaches your door step.  Mine on leash, will not do any thing until I tell them to...they may growl or even raise hackles...but they don't attack without command or just reason to do so.  Typically just the sight of my dogs, scares people enough that they are leery before they ever come in.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 08:53:45 PM »

You're lucky. Most insurance companies will not ocver bites if you have beware of the dog signs because ti shows you know your dog will bite, therefore is a danger to the public.

Anyone who comes to my place has to cross an electric fence gate that I have across the front yard. It can't chase and capture/lead the goats with my dogs on a leash.

Up here, even if your land is posted, you have to have a law enforcement officer order someone to stay off your property before they can be in violation of trespassing. Yeah, stupid laws made by stupid liberals. If my dogs bite someone, even if they had read the no trespassing signs, my dogs, me and the insurance company would be liable for the damages and my dogs would be considered dangerous.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 06:18:27 AM »

The Laws regarding "guard dogs"...have you asked your insurance company about that?  This is why we took out the additional liability policy on my dogs, to keep us covered in the event that they should bite someone.  A guard dog is no less than a home security system.  So far I've had no issue with our insurance company, BUT, my dogs have never bitten but one person since we've been down here, and that was back in the trailer park on the first day down here...Ringo let that man know "YOU DON'T COME AT MY MOMMA THAT WAY!!"  Ringo had him in the "man" place and was holding him right there...that man never ever again messed with us.  Ringo had him on our lot, and didn't break skin, but he made the man go to the ground for sure.  Past that, that's the only person they have bitten since we've been here, but they don't have to bite, when folks see them, they are scared to death and don't push it any further.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »

My insurance company would dump me if they knew I had these dogs. After the fire I can't get anyone but this one place to cover me, and they are charging me an arm and a leg.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 05:25:21 AM »

Deb that is so odd that they are treating you that way...why would they hold arson against you?  That doesn't make any sense at all. 

If my dogs do bite someone, I would imagine my insurance would have a fit about future coverage, BUT, they have to pay the first claim though...they do know I have them.  I hold extra insurance on them in case they do bite someone, so I pay dearly for that every year.  They better cover.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »

Insurance companies do not like to pay claims. The arson claim was pretty hefty and they jacked my rates up to make up for it...perfectly legal too.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 05:17:49 AM »

Now, with that, I'd go after the sheriffs dept and the fire marshal to figure out who did that...someone besides you, needs to pay for that.  Angry  Justice isn't being served here.

Such a shame that good people trying to protect what they have against those who wish and do ill will against someone is punished for what others do.  This nation is falling apart.  Roll Eyes

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »

Insurance companies do not like to pay claims. The arson claim was pretty hefty and they jacked my rates up to make up for it...perfectly legal too.

I have heard where people are dumped after having a fire. Even if a completely new house is built that fire claim stays with you.  Is it the same for flooding too?  Isn't that why we have insurance in the first place??
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 03:17:51 AM »

Yeah, our house burned in 1997...and our rates were higher for the first 5 years after rebuilding, but they never threatened to cancel us.  Our house rates now are really fairly cheap, but we've bundled all of it together...house, truck, tractor, 4wheeler, boat, land, and the liability on the dogs.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: