HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:08:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19842 Posts in 1418 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  In Those We Trust (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Peaceful journey, Sophie.
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Peaceful journey, Sophie.  (Read 1408 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: February 01, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »

Today, just a little after noontime, my GP Sophie died. Suddenly. One minute she was barking at people walking by outside of the house, the next minute she was on the floor crying a death howl. Nessa tried to wake her up. I tried CPR. Her airway was open. Nothing worked, she is gone.

Sophie loved the goats, especially the bucks. She protected the property with a vengeance. She was a sweetheart lovebug. She helped me down the stairs every time I had to go upstairs. She would wait half way up the steps to help me up.

Oh, God, I miss her so much.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
ilroost
Caprine Guru

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:08:33 PM »

So sorry for your loss
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:07:08 AM »

Cry Cry  It's unbelievable how quickly this happened to her.  It had to be a heart attack don't you think?  I'm so sorry for your loss Deb.  I know you'll miss her deeply.  There are no words to comfort or ease your pain, but please know we are here for you if you should need to talk and we're praying for you.   Bug Hug

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »

Oh Deb I am so sorry. We know you are suffering deeply in your loss.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 01:28:13 PM »

I am so very sorry  Cry Cry

There really is nothing to say to make it easier when you lose a special dog and loyal companion.   My heart breaks for you.
blessednest
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 08:09:07 AM »

So sorry for your loss dragon.

Central Ohio
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »

I'm so so sorry for you! I know your heart is broken.  There is nothing more special to love and be loved back by a dog.  I know you will miss her deeply.

Elizabeth
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 09:40:26 PM »

Thank you. I had my girl cremated like I have been doing for them all. Someday, their ashes and mine will be put into a 5 gallon bucket and mixed together.

Losing Annie late last year and now Sophie has really knocked me for a spin. I feel empty.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 11:43:59 PM »

I am so sorry Dragon.
Rocky

A & N Lazy Pond Farm, a small Boer Goat farm in East Tennessee
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 05:14:18 AM »

Thank you. I had my girl cremated like I have been doing for them all. Someday, their ashes and mine will be put into a 5 gallon bucket and mixed together.

Losing Annie late last year and now Sophie has really knocked me for a spin. I feel empty.

Cry  I know that feeling Deb.  I lost Cujo and Dasnic on the same day, and that feeling has never left me.  Loosing Ringo a year and half later, sent me into a terrible spiral that hasn't left yet.  Hopefully your heart will mend quickly.  You have their memories, which is more than any one could ask for in these situations.  I'm truly sorry for your loss.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »

Thanks Birdie.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: