HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 06:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Victoria!
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Victoria!  (Read 731 times)
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« on: February 17, 2016, 01:30:57 PM »

A little clear discharge. Went to finish chores maybe 20 minutes she had one then another. Rope hanging "Good girl!"
Went to fetch bucket warm molasses water good grief two more!!
3 B 1 D.
Pics coming soon after they all eat.
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:37 PM »

The only doe kid~
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:01:28 PM by nancy d » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 04:26:57 AM »

OMG!!!  What are you putting in those Does water Nancy?  laugh  Quads...how awesome, and look how big and healthy they are.  Good Job Victoria!!!  They are just precious Nancy.  Congratulations!!!

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:28:23 AM »

Understandingly, these are light weights. 7.5 & 8#
The reason I posted on fb to my vet was to show him some healthy quads; he was here a few weeks ago to pull expired full term & a preemie/mummy who was wrapped around the live one.
He wants me to test for possible lepto.
Lepto isn't in our health section here??
I know hardly anything about it but we have no rats or mice. City water, barn kitties do not mess with the hay. No time to research.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »

Are 4 rare for a boer goat?  I have never had that.  Will she be able to raise them all or do you anticipate having to supplement?  Congratulations!
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »

Julie we have had quite a few quads over the years. I once had a pair of full sisters who would trade off every year producing quads, no matter who they were bred to.
Have not decided which one to supplement.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 04:18:20 AM »

I didn't know Lepto caused mummification.  I do know that toxoplasmosis does.  That's carried by Cats and Birds.  According to my Vet who helped me deliver Moosie's mummified baby, she told me that if there was an issue with Moosie, both kids would have been mummified, not just one.  Though I did have her test Moosies placenta, it came back negative.  It's my understanding that you have to test the placenta in order to know what caused the mummification.  No we don't have any thing in our Health and information pages about Lepto.  I don't know that I put Toxoplasmosis in there either.  We probably should put something in there about both.  Today I don't have time to research Lepto in Caprines, but I might find time tomorrow.  I have training classes every day but Fridays and I have tons to get done here before the Hubby flies home from New York/Houston.  It will be interesting to see what we find on this Lepto thing.

Wasn't it that someone here in the forum, years ago, had a Boer Doe that had sixtuplets?  She lost one like the next day after the Doe giving birth, but that Doe did have 6 kids.  Taddy was one of Quints..he was out of a Boer Doe and a NZ Kiko Buck.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 03:26:11 PM »

Wow, congrats!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: