HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 06:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Four Love
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Four Love  (Read 1167 times)
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« on: February 28, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »

She had trips Friday, a doe a buck & another doe. All doing great.
Digital camera not working Angry memory card full & I don know how to fix that. Thought if I just deleted all that would empty it? But now it wont let me do that.   Slap Fight
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 05:29:25 AM »

Hurray for Four Love...  :grnstrs: Cheer  She did good huh?  Congratulations Nancy.

Hey Nancy, our digital did that to me once as well.  Wouldn't let me delete the pictures of the card.  What we did was turned it off, pulled the card, put it into my computer and deleted them off that way.  Then we put it back into the camera, and turned it back on and it reset itself.  Maybe that will work for you too.  This new digital we have (expensive Nikon) isn't worth two freaking cents!!!  My dinosaur (Olympus--also very expensive when we first bought it), lasted me 13 yrs before it finally bit the dust...was a sad day when I lost her..she was trusty, good, ready to go any time I needed her (as long as I kept good batteries in her that is  Roll Eyes ), but this new one, if you blink an eye, the pictures turn out blurred.  If you snap too fast, the pictures blur...I just absolutely hate this camera.  So, I do all my picture taking with my cell phone now.  It has a 21 pixel camera on it, and it takes fine pictures.  So no more worrying about that digital, "will it take good or not?"

~ Birdie ~
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:50 AM »

That's wonderful Nancy!  CONGRATULATIONS!!

WooHoo!

Elizabeth
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 11:06:38 AM »

Yeah I thought of doing that Pam Ive just never done it & there's NOTHING in the manual.

The night before she had a very slight drop. The next morning she had one freshly born, busy cleaning her off so I continued some inside chores as a big red sac was hanging. Maybe a half hour later had the next; another red sac. I have never seen red sac between kids before this year. I wonder if it's the new buck.
Anyway she took her sweet time it was about an hour and a half before she was done. The normal here is bam bam bam; usually about 20 minutes total for all kids.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:25:01 PM »

Wow!  A good year for you with multiples!  Congratulations on things going well.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 05:21:48 AM »

Well at least you know "red sack" isn't any thing to worry about.  She had the kids, they are healthy and well, so I wouldn't worry too much about "red sack".  You are having an ample kidding year this year.  How many babies in total now?  Where are you gonna put all those babies Nancy?  Oh I know...open the back door!!!  hahahahha.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 07:01:45 AM »

Boy, you can't beat those I phones for good pictures.  My wife has the I 5s, and takes great pic's. I have the I 4, and am thinking of getting another I 5s.
 I will be glad when my doe has her kids-- Got to sell a few.

Be sure and vote!!
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »

13 so far. Two boys being tagged this evening for FFA, to go in April.
It's a soggy mess out there & all babies & kids still inside. Normally they get booted out at 3 days so mamas are not happy.
The main problem here is that there is so much build up of top dressing we literally need a miracle of heavy equipment to remove it.
One of the quads is a self designated bottle boy. At 3 days he wanted to be it. Oh Lordy can he scream.
Charles I haven't had a cell phone for years. The house phones hardly ever rings & when it does it's usually telemarketers & such. So it never gets answered unless I recognize the number. It usually goes into voice.
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 06:07:50 PM »

Man, I can't believe in this modern time, a female lady without an I phone.  Take away their phones, and they go into deep depression.  Look in the churches today, most kids are on the phones, and never hear what is being said, and we wonder what is happening to our kids? Yehaw
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 05:04:18 AM »

Nancy, it's a good time to reconsider a cell phone.  Especially at your age and being a farmer.  Not saying you're old or any thing, but what happens if you or Bob are hurt outdoors working or not feeling so well and can't make it back to the house.  The phone in your back pocket or shirt pocket could help to save your life or get you help quicker.  You know they have plans now through AARP, that are called Consumer Cellular...they are pretty decent plans, and affordable.  Then they have Straight Talk through Walmart (I believe it's Walmart), and that's a decent plan as well.  You can opt for what ever phone you want with either one of them.  I have the Galaxy S6 Plus Edge, and it's 21 pixel camera is to die for.  You see the pictures I put in FB with the dog training, those are great pictures.  My husband has the IPhone 6 for his work phone...it works good, but he likes his Galaxy S6 Plus Edge better...bigger screen, more functions, quicker loading than the IPhone and a MUCH LONGER battery life.  There's so much you can do with the cell phones these days.  We don't have a land line down here.  We did back home in AR but opted to not get one down here.  Of course you don't have to get a fancy phone either...you can go with the simple phones and save a ton of money, but you can't take pictures with the simple phones and texting is a real bear.  With the Dog Training now, I can't be without one...weird how that happens huh?  How dependent we become on a cell phone!!  Roll Eyes

Charles if your church allows those people to use those cell phones in church, then you all need to have a huge meeting and have that stopped.  That's deplorable behavior in church.

Spring clean up here Nancy, isn't going to be as bad, as this year I kept it cleaned up each week.  I do have a hefty mess out there right now, as it's not been cleaned for 2 weeks, with the dog training picking up, I'm coming and going non-stop here lately...when I do find time, I'm picking up sticks and pine cones from what the storms blew down the other day.  I have a virtual mountain of sticks and pine cones to get picked up.  Limbs need to be sawed up as well.  Was working on that when my chain saw flipped it's chain off and I just haven't had time to put it back on, and so, I lean on hubbies 18" and it's heavy, heavy, heavy, and wears me out real quick. 

I feel for you with spring clean up...I just hate it...that's why I've been doing it once a week...that build up over the winter, it's too much. 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:37 PM »

Congrats!

I'm with Birdie, for safety reasons you should get a cell phone.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »

Man, I can't believe in this modern time, a female lady without an I phone.  Take away their phones, and they go into deep depression.  Look in the churches today, most kids are on the phones, and never hear what is being said, and we wonder what is happening to our kids? Yehaw

You would be shocked at my family then Charlie!

We don't have a cell phone and my 3 kids ages 22, 20, 18 have never had or even used a cell phone!   There are still some of us around that have a land line!
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »

Yeah you guys are right about the fact I should have one.

Julie that is unusual for sure for nowadays.

A few years ago there was a couple sitting next to each other in church; they had their stupid phones on. I almost chewed em out how rude! Turns out they had a Bible app. Wink
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 05:18:41 AM »

Those are seriously nice babies Nancy.  I don't know what you've got in that bucks water, but next year, send out the receipt so that we can all share in quads and trips!!! hahaha.

Now that we've done without a land line since 2009, we don't miss the land line.  Though I will say that if the cell phone company goes up on our rates (which they haven't done since we took it out), I'd consider getting a land line and reducing my cell phone package.  I know several people using that Consumer Cellular through AARP and that's sounding pretty pleasing to me.  I worry about reception though...why pay for something that you're constantly getting dropped calls.   Huh?

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: