HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:18:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19692 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Four Love
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Four Love  (Read 1196 times)
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 09:02:05 AM »

Hey gals, a little levity on the phones.  Pam is correct again( dang, always right-- watch out man of the house--Yehaw (levity again).  This time in our heritage, we almost have to have a cell phone- not only for security, but I was able to get rid of land line to save money.  The wife has the better I 5s, and I have the I 4, which is good for me, as I don't use mine except for making a call, or a picture-- I use my Canon Power Shot, S50, or SD1100 ISDigital, for pictures. I download onto my hard drive, and pull from there to email, as I can't get my phone to send pics.

The use of phones in our church per kids is not good; however, I know of a couple who use the app of The Bible, and I have looked over the shoulder as see the checking of a football score!! Yehaw again.  Our kids are being raised with poor respect of God's House, and we adults are the blame. The building is just a gathering place for believers, as we believers are the Church. Our preacher is not one who places much control in our church.  Anyone who comes into a church, and causes a brother/sister to stumble is in sin.  We have one lady who dresses so openly to show her cleavage, or very short dresses, and some of teenage girls are following her example, and it is
a headache to see her do this.  Many men of our church are wearing shorts/flipflops on the Lord's Day, and I really believe this is a poor example for kids, and nothing is said. The excuse is " the clothes has nothing to do with  salvation", and that is correct.  I just ask, who is your God? A neat appearance is fine to me, but I try to make the Lord's Day, different than any other day of week. How do you say you are honoring God in such a way?  You are to be descent and orderly in church.
 Pam, it is getting like you are doing, getting out of a headache situation, and seeking another way to worship. The churches are getting more and more lenient in honoring God, and many do not believe in the Deity of Christ. We are in deep trouble.
 Better get off my rear, and feed the animals.  Have a great day ya'all!!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 05:24:03 AM »

Wow, Charles...that camera you have is a dandy...I don't blame you for not using your cell phone to take pictures with when you have the Canon.  This Nikon I have, oh what a sorry mess it is, I wish I had never seen it when we got it.  My old Olympus finally died (the dear old dinosaur lasted me 12 yrs  Cry ), and we went in search of a camera with high pixel rate, and rapid fire.  Of course these cameras are not turned on when you purchase them any more so taking example shot and taking it on a test drive, so to speak, doesn't happen these days.  So, needless to say, a lot of money spent on a camera that is absolutely worthless to me.  My Galaxy takes extremely good pictures and I couldn't be happier about that.  We tend to use things until they die completely, and my last phone was the Galaxy Note 2s, and it took decent pictures, but absolutely nothing like this Galaxy 6S Edge Plus does.  I just can't get over how good these pictures are on this silly phone.  I tell ya what I really like the best, and was a very good investment for me here on this small wee little farm, was the wireless headset.  It's a blue tooth device, and I actually do not have to have my cell in my pocket or even outdoors with me with this headset.  This headset pairs to my phone and I can wear it and listen to the music and know when a call is coming in, or I can make calls off it by speaking to it and saying "Call Shane at work" and it will do it...Emergency issues, I just touch the button and say "call 911" and it does it.  That thing was a life saver for me.  I can go about 100 yrds from the house where my phone will be at, and still keep signal to my phone.  Now if I go down to the barn (which is all metal), I can't get reception inside the barn, but I can all around the outside of it.  The goats barns are made of wood, with metal roofs, and it does just fine inside their barns.  So, maybe this might be a good solution for you all as well.  They aren't expensive, around 40.00.  They have rechargeable batteries like your cell phones, and most hook up to your cell phone chargers.  It's an investment I am so happy that I made.

Yes, Charles, I totally agree with you on the church issue.  A lot of churches these days are going via Satellite with services.  My Son's church back home, is via satellite, and we can attend it right here in our own home.  Of course we can't visit with the congregation or be part of the church body, but we can rekindle our Christian battery and sing praises with the rest of them.  Makes it so nice, when you really didn't want to leave your church to begin with. 

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 07:26:07 AM »

Boy, that sounds like hi-tech to me.  I am still in the ole man mode on new technology. My wife's I 5s phone takes fantastic pictures, and no wobble problems.
 I would like to see a pic per PC of how you have your farm buildings set up at your farm. I am still redoing my fencing, and bracing in my barn. It is made of the old oak 2/6, and 2/8 boards with telephone poles.  You can hardly drive a nail into the wood. It was made around 1988, and I had to redo a couple of corner posts, that had rotten at ground level. I just redid the metal roof last summer, with new frost proof faucets. It is 25 x 50.
 My Boer doe is really getting big, and I expect this month, her kidding. She is doing the 'star gazing' now, and getting up and down a lot.  I pray no problems this time.  I will have to send some updates of Birdie doe, as she is large as her dam now.
 To all, have a blessed day.

cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »

Wow, Pam- I can buy a NZ Kiko for the price of an unlocked Samsung, Galaxy 6s Plus phone. You are in high cotton lady-- Yehaw   Very nice camera pics in that unit, 16 pix is a great advantage.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 06:33:28 AM »

Well Charles they are expensive phones, but we traded in our old phones which they gave us a good price for.  And since we're good customers, they offered us a deal we couldn't refuse for 2 phone, 2 tablets, 1 wireless headset, 2 phone cases, 2 tablet cases and 4 protection covers for each device.  It really wasn't bad...we changed our package (which they were wanting all their customers to change, so they had to make me a really sweet deal to get me to do it, because they couldn't force us to change it) to a different package with lower cost, but same data package we had before, they offered us these four devices and I was walking away saying "that's too much money."  So the Salesperson said "Hang on just a minute, let me see what I can do for you."  They raised the pixel rate on both phones for the cameras to 21 pixels, they offered us the monthly package at a cost I couldn't refuse, but I told them it was still too much money for phones that would be obsolete within 3 months (the new Galaxy S7 plus Edge is now out), so he sweetened that deal as well.  We walked away with 4 devices (2 new Galaxy S6 Edge Plus's, 2 new tablets), the protection covers, the cases, the wireless headset, and the new monthly package along with all the activation fees for less than the cost of one Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.  We jumped on the deal.  The tablets take just absolutely horrible pictures.  But it's going to be worth it's weight in gold when and if I ever get the boarding kennel and training center opened up.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 12:50:14 PM »

Man, you ought to be a politician!! Yehaw
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: