HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 11:54:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Rosie's new baby
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Rosie's new baby  (Read 615 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: March 02, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »

I know, I know, she's not a goat, but she thinks she is since she was raised with them!  She had her first baby yesterday!  Her name is Lily 1/2 Angus 1/2 Jersey.  Now I have plenty of colostrum if I need it when the goat kids come next month.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:12:49 PM by Julie H » Logged
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 09:42:22 PM »

OMG...what a cutie!!!!! I love cows. I would have a cow if I had more room here. I miss my cows.

Congrats on your little Lily. Good job Rosie!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 04:26:42 AM »

Awwww....I adore baby calves.  And to have a heifer calf on her first freshening, that's even more awesome!  I love and adore the Jerseys, they are the gentlest of all the breeds of cattle.  Our first Jersey was given to my Son at 6 weeks old and the calf was 2 days old.  I was told by the farmer that gave her to him that for every calf she had that we sold, the proceeds were to go into his college fund.  We fell in love with that calf.  Named her "Fawn".  What a hoot she was.  She would open our back door and come into the house and before you knew it, you had this baby calf cutting shines through the house as we tried to get her to go back outdoors.  Such a smart baby she was.  Followed us every where.  We kept her until the day she passed away at 17 yrs old.  It was so nice to go out and milk her and have fresh milk on the table.  The year I had my back surgery I couldn't milk for several months.  So we let her nurse her calf, and bought another calf to put on her and she adopted that calf within a few hours and nursed it and raised it as well as her own.

You're gonna love this baby, and her name fits her so well.  I'm so happy for you.  Now you'll have all the milk you could ever want, and great tasting milk no less.  Congratulations.  Can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows up.

~ Birdie ~
Rockytopsis
Goat Genius

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 07:39:49 AM »

Adorable, I just love babies, the farm next door always has 4 babies and I just love it when they play, which is a lot less than baby goats, but still fun to watch.

Rocky

A & N Lazy Pond Farm, a small Boer Goat farm in East Tennessee
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 08:18:29 AM »

How sweet is that!  Thanks for sharing the picture. Congratulations!

Elizabeth
sweetgoats
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »

Love that baby face,  heck goat or not you know we all love all animals.

Lori

Home of the Colorado State Fair Grand Champion doe, 2003,2004,2005,2007,2008,2009. and 2011.
Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor for 2008 and 2009.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: