HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 03:08:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19825 Posts in 1417 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Just Getting Started (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Goat Poop!!
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Goat Poop!!  (Read 499 times)
scapegoats
Bottle Babies

« on: April 15, 2016, 06:51:12 PM »

So what do you do with all the goat poop?  Compost it?  I heard that people may want to pick it up by the barrel for fertilizer?  Where would I post such an offering?  And where do I bring all the pine shavings from their bedding when I clean out their house? Amateur here Smiley  Just bought seven goats! And I love them!!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 05:50:58 AM »

We compost for our gardens or flower beds here.  Or we use it spreading it with a manure spreader out onto the hay fields. 

Goat manure can be used immediately...it doesn't have to decompose like horse manure, cow manure or chicken manure does...Goat and Rabbit manure can be used immediately without harming plant life.

Since you want to make your offering more local, you'd probably want to advertise in your local Craigs list.  If you want to put it in here in GB, I would suggest the classified area of the forum, though, unless someone is in your local area, it might not do much good here in GB.

~ Birdie ~
scapegoats
Bottle Babies

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:33 PM »

Thank you!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »

I dump it all in the manure pile to compost. My neighbors come over and use the goat and /or horse manure for their gardens.

You can advertise it on Craigslist or in local newspapers. Put up a sign advertising it on your front yard by the road. Word of mouth. Whatever works in your area.

I use straw and shavings in the goats inside pen. I clean that out daily and put it on my gardens, around the base of trees, and anywhere else I want to mulch.

In the spring I will dump squash or pumpkin seeds on the manure pile and let them grow wild. They grow crazy wild and really produce.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: