HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 06:38:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19867 Posts in 1420 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Kid pics
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Kid pics  (Read 962 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: May 11, 2016, 01:06:36 PM »

The 2 flashy doelings (F1 mini Nubians) born yesterday when I was at work. The non-moonspotted one has blue eyes.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 01:07:54 PM »

Schmoos Lamancha buckling.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »

Ravens black, blue eyed  Mini Mancha buckling

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »

Ravens flashy mini Mancha buckling and Trilliums moonspotted Mini Nubian buckling

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »

Trilliums other F1 Mini Nubian buckling- check out the ears!

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »

Luann, Lamancha doeling. She and her sister, Zika, were born on my mothers 83rd birthday.

Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 01:21:25 PM »

They are so beautiful!  Are you keeping any?   I love the airplane ears I had one with those when I crossed a Nubian/ Boer with a Pygmy  Smiley
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »

Zika, twin sister to Luann, Lamancha. Photo bombed by Sassy

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 01:24:15 PM »

Phoenix's twin Mini Oberhasli doelings

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 01:25:10 PM »

Vicki's Mancha doeling. Yes, she has horns. She is going to a Boer farm.

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 01:27:29 PM »

Tedi's twin Lamancha does. One has horns, she is going with her 1/2 sister/cousin to the Boer farm.

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 01:30:45 PM »

I think this is all of them so far. Should be 14 kids.

I am selling all but 2- the flashy doeling born last night and Luann. I wasn't going to retain any. Yeah...none, zip, zilch. Oh, well. Whats 15 goats??????

nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 02:42:48 PM »

I think this is all of them so far. Should be 14 kids.

I am selling all but 2- the flashy doeling born last night and Luann. I wasn't going to retain any. Yeah...none, zip, zilch. Oh, well. Whats 15 goats??????

Now THAT'S more like it! Congrats on all the beautiful babies Dragon they are adorable, even the La Manchas.  Wink
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »

Ok, make that 3 I am retaining. Both of the does born last night and Luann. The non-moonspotted on has a marking on her side that looks sort of like a dog/wolf head. That's a sign she needs to stay, right????

So, I stood outside in my back yard today trying to think of a way to enlarge the goat area and shrink my yard. I just don't want the goats near the raspberries, lilacs or my mint patches.

What am I thinking??????? 16 goats???????

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 05:43:08 AM »

Grin Grin You've been bitten not only by the "goatie" bug but by the "Darn I'm too cute to sell" bug!!!

I can't blame you on your decision to retain those three...they are good looking Doelings.  But I'd have to keep those Obi babies too...to me, in the dairy breeds, there is NOTHING cuter than an Obi baby.  Classy looking kiddo's Deb.  And you could forget me, if one is born with blue eyes...that baby would stay no matter what sex it was/is.  I'm a sucker for blue eyed babies. 

I don't know about tame "mint" but I know for fact that wild mint is toxic to goats, cattle and horses.  And it's invasive, it takes over your entire pasture if you don't spray it and kill it and 2-4D is all we found that would kill that stuff.  Then in a few years we had to do it again.  So I wouldn't let them around that mint, just in case.  Can you dig up the raspberries and maybe plant them elsewhere?  I love Raspberries and I know for fact GOATS DO TOO!!   laugh  And I'd give any thing to have hundreds upon hundreds of Lilac bushes...say I'll trade you...Azalea's for Lilac's  Smiley  Just kidding...I'm all for killing every Azalea on this farm.

Maybe since you can't spread out horizontally, maybe you can spread out by going vertical?  Grin Grin  High rise Goat houses!!  The goats would love it. heehee.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: