HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2018, 01:36:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19475 Posts in 1385 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Just Getting Started (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  This baby will be the death of me & his momma
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: This baby will be the death of me & his momma  (Read 666 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: May 18, 2016, 01:35:41 PM »

My last baby born just a week ago.  He is 1/8 Nubian 7/8 Boer.  In the last 4 days since going out with mom and the herd he fails to return Angry  I call my daughter and we scour the pasture in search of him.  Mom ( Cindy-Lou) is right behind us screaming her fool head off.   The first day I was scared to death , found him sleeping in a sunny spot, loved and kissed on him.

Second day he was underneath a brush pile snoozing away.......   Hmmm I see a pattern here  Huh?  Thank the good Lord it was raining the last 2 days and he didn't want to go out.  Today at 11:30 I went out to bottle my 2 girls.  Everyone followed me back up to the barn ( well almost everyone).  Cindy-Lou was again screaming, I do a head count and I am 1 short ( sigh).

I yell for my daughter and the search begins.  I finally found him way, way back sleeping in a brush pile.  Had to send Andrea in to get him.

He seems to live in his own little world completely unconcerned if he is alone.

His mother has been a pain since day 1 ( i do love her!) And like my mom said to me " I hope you have children just like you" I think this has happened to Cindy-Lou, but unfortunately I am paying the price as well!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:42:22 PM by Julie H » Logged
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »

What a little booger! He sure is cute though.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 05:28:29 AM »

Man he is so gorgeous, that he's worth all the pain stakes he's causing.  I just can't get over how handsome he is.  I wonder if he has a slight hearing problem? And that's why he's not hearing you, or his momma.  What have you named him...oh let me guess "Chaos".  hahaha.  He's just the prettiest little thing.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »

I have some like that, the little boogers. Mom can be right next to them screaming loud enough to wake the dead (or deafen her owner!) and the kids won't even stir. He is probably just in a deep sleep with a full belly.

However, in the wild new babies will be put in a secluded spot by mom to nap while she goes off to browse. When she thinks it's time for baby to eat, she will return and wake it up to eat. Some kids are a little slow on the uptake in learning that when Mom calls, baby is supposed to answer!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »

It happened again today  Grin  He hears her just fine, but like with my kids and husband it seems to be  "selective hearing" Huh?

He is cute as the dickens and I just can't stay mad when he does this. He is so laid back .  So unlike his mother who is on the move 24/7.

My daughter named him Spice.  I said maybe the name is too "girly" and he is rebelling and causing all this trouble because of it?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:17:53 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 05:22:50 AM »

Grin Grin  Yeah, I think I'd change that name...hahaha.  Inferiority complex will arise next. hahaha.  That's too funny.

I agree, the look of that boy, would melt the coldest of hearts. 

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: