HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19763 Posts in 1408 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Goat Corral (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Trailer ball , and hitch
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Trailer ball , and hitch  (Read 1276 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 05:18:42 AM »

Not all Kiko goats are mean that way Charles.  I had 9 Kiko bucks on my farm and 3 SA Boer bucks at one time.  It was the boer bucks had I had the worst trouble with...one of mine put me in the hospital 2 times...when he hurt Tadpole he had to go..that was my final word to my husband and I was ready to shoot and kill him right there...never in my life have I "hated" an animal, but I tell you, that buck, to this day, I hate him.  Our other SA Boers, they always looked at me like they would love to challenge me, but never did and I never turned my back on them either.  I used that cattle hot prod on the buck who hurt me and I tell you, all it did was made him worse...he couldn't beat on me any more because I used the prod, so he turned and beat on Tadpole...when a Boer buck wants to fight, it's a fight to the death, you are not going to stop them.

Our kiko's, not one of those bucks ever hurt me.  They weren't wild, but they weren't tame either, except for Roady (my Avatar picture is Roady), he was tame, and the Kiko's never ever not once ever hurt me or challenged me or hurt the other boys he was in with.  Roady was best buds with Tadpole and Prince.  Your Kiko buck, is a mean one...and that genetic would not be bred into any of my goats.  That personality will eventually come out in one of his kids and I won't have that.  I'd sell him before you have to beat him, or shock him, or make him meaner than he already is.  There is no room on my farm for a rouge animal...if I can't handle them, then they have to go.  I paid a dear cost for keeping a rouge buck...I won't ever do that again.  They aren't worth it.  I don't care how good they are, or what their bloodlines are...they have to go, either slaughter or to another farm...but they can't stay at my place.  I refuse to carry a ball bat or a hot prod to protect myself.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »

You can't show them any fear, or they will never back down.  Mine is not bad enough to get rid of yet; however, if he attacks me, I will shoot him.  He seems like most rutting bucks I read about, but I will watch out for him, as he want to rule his pasture.  Testosterone will rule!!!

Pam, were any of your kIko bucks a wether? 
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 05:03:47 AM »

Yes, Charles...after our Boer Buck hurt Tadpole, we wethered Taddy and Prince.  I still have Prince.  We had to wait to wether them, to allow Tadpole time to heal and regain his strength.  About a month after Tad was all healed up and doing really good we surgically wethered both of them.  After they had time to heal and regain from that (it's hard on an adult goat to be wethered), then Roady was finished breeding all his girls and we brought him back and put them back into the pasture together and they did great.  Roady took Alpha from both of them, where as before Taddy held Alpha, but he was never mean or cruel of fisty of pushy with them, except at meal time, and I would have to stand and make sure every one stayed in their own food dishes, but past that, that's all any of my bucks did.

I got rid of Timmy through a slaughter auction...I wanted to drop him right there in the pasture, but my husband stopped me from doing that.  I didn't want to see any one else or any other animal be hurt by him.  He had to go.  He should have went the first time he hit me.  Our other bucks, they never not once challenged more or even acted like they were going to challenge me. 

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 10:40:27 AM »

Wasn't Timmy from that Codi PC something line?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »

Yep, he was Nancy...Codi/PCI x Eggsfile, both ennobled on top and bottom all the way back to his great grandparents.  He wasn't just a rouge buck, he also threw head lock on all his kids except 5.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: