HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19475 Posts in 1385 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Just Getting Started (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  levity break
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: levity break  (Read 859 times)
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« on: June 24, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »

Gotta have a levity break----- I saw on internet yesterday, a discussion about a certain popular female, personality and her male looks---  The subject was to look at your female hands, and if the ring finger was longer than the index finger, you were born a man.  A man has a longer ring finger than the index finger, and the woman has a shorter ring finger then index finger. The size of face to the ratio of shoulder width, and shoulder to hips, indicate male or female.  Look at those hands--how do you compare??
 My wife turned her hands away from her, and she was close; however, after 4 kids, she thinks she is a woman.  Yehaw    OK, back to goats--
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 01:11:28 PM »

The index is your pointing finger, right??  If that is true , mine look dead even, so what, I can pick and choose who I want to be every day?  I know who I am and who God created me to be thank you very much!!   
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:54:56 PM »

I guess I was born a man then, because my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 05:37:23 AM »

Mine are dead even.  God made me female, "hear me roar"...lol.  I do good with roaring!!! 

when it comes to work, I take on the "mans" role when I have to, which is most every day...but I can dress the debutant role and behave as such, but I hate to (I'm not a fluffy person).  All in all, I'm a tom boy at heart, don't care for fluffy stuff, don't care for primping and fussing over fingernails and makeup....just give me a tractor or a hammer and I can do all the things I need to do. Smiley  But I am female and I am proud of it.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:47:50 AM »

Have a blessed day you gals!!!!!!  Yehaw    I thought that was a 'funny!'   
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »

Have a blessed day you gals!!!!!!  Yehaw    I thought that was a 'funny!'   

It was!!  Maybe it explains why I have always been a " tomboy".  I prefer jeans/ shorts and sneakers to dresses and shoes, I say what I think and I have never worn a stitch of makeup.  I have no desire to be a man and am happy to let my husband be the head of our house and he puts up with all our animals!!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 06:30:47 AM »

Nancy you got that right...my hubby "IS" the head of our house, he is the over all deciding factor, and he is the one that guides us through our lives.  That's his "God" given role, and that I respect and honor him for.  He makes good decisions, he makes "Godly" decisions, he considers and respects my needs and wants, and protects me, and is there for me at all times.  He's had to make some really hard decisions for our future, that's given us hard knocks to the heart, but even though I kicked and screamed and bellowed and bawled, I did it, because it's what you do when you're married and you love your husband, but more so, it's because God said he is the head of our house.  You must respect that, you must know that God is guiding him, and you must let go and let God.  Boy that's hard to do in many aspects of marriage, but let me tell you what, once you do, it gets easier, and it gets better.  I failed miserably with this test.  Oh man did I.  I'm still not happy about it, but at least I am not just existing now, I am actually living...still trying to figure out what I'm living, but it is better.

And yes, my hubby is as animal crazy as I am...hence 16 new baby chicks down in the new Chic-Inn barn.  Roll Eyes

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »

I flatly refuse to allow someone to order me around in my house. If it's not a partnership, both parties having equal say, then I refuse to live in that type of relationship. No man is going to decide what I do with my life and in my own home. Angry

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »

I flatly refuse to allow someone to order me around in my house. If it's not a partnership, both parties having equal say, then I refuse to live in that type of relationship. No man is going to decide what I do with my life and in my own home. Angry

Completely different when you have a Godly husband and a dictator type Dragon..  All our decisions are discussed and agreed upon( as I assume is with Pam) but I too have made many a move when I would rather stay where I was!  God has blessed our obedience every time.
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »

Pam and Julie, seems like you two know how to get blessed, and have Godly men in your life.  The Ephesian woman develops into a Proverbial woman, who God will bless richly, as your judgment will be how good a Christian wife and mother you were, when you face Christ in His soon coming, and not if you were a CEO of a company, a senator, or even a president.  We are the same before God; however, we each were given a role to play in this life, and dictates your rewards in the coming Reign of Christ.  A Godly man loves his wife as Christ loves the Church. A wise man will always have 'honey on the tongue', and not a
dictator in a happy home!  You must obey God as in His Word, is the directions for a happy, and blessed home.  You will never be happy outside of God's Will!
  The scripture will direct you what is the order of man and woman, and is abused in our society today, in broken homes, and living outside of God's direction.
 Unresolved anger is a terrible thing, and will spread into hate, and will affect one in all phases of your life.
I pray that all seek God's Face, ask forgiveness, and be made whole again.
  Pam and Julie, I am placing your names on our prayer list tonight, for a Godly blessing to come to each of you in the coming days, as a result of your publically stating the support of your husband in a Christian manner.  Your husbands are lucky men indeed! God blesses a righteous woman.
 It is not easy to be a good Christian; however, the rewards are fantastic!  God bless each of you, and I pray that all who obey God's Word, be blessed as in Psalms 91.  I do not judge anyone, I just pray all make it when Christ comes again.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 05:48:41 AM »

Thank you Charles...that's sweet.

I do think when a man is with God in his heart, things are way different than those men that say "oh yes you will!!" with bad attitudes.  God doesn't want the man to be a dictator.  But he also doesn't want a woman to be that way either. 

Once the roll that God has set forth for both man and woman is complete, then things are WAY DIFFERENT, and WAY BETTER.  I had to go through the bad, before I made it to the good.  I thank God daily for that bad, because my good FAR OUT WEIGHS my bad.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »

Thank you Charles!!
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 09:25:42 PM »

Charles, your comment that unresolved anger will spread into hate seems to summarize what's happening in our wonderful country these days.  It seems that anger, ugliness and just plain nastiness are the order of the day.  I believe that "Love thy neighbor" has been forgotten, and I'm not sure why...why there is so much anger, selfishness, me-ism, or whatever it should be called.  It wasn't the way we were raised, that's for sure.

Our beautiful country needs your help and your prayers.  God bless the U.S.A.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 02:26:52 AM »

Amen Pat!!!

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: