HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 06:05:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Caprine Health and Information (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  BOSS nutritional values
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: BOSS nutritional values  (Read 1132 times)
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »

Birdie -- which buck was it that hurt Tadpole so badly? I still remember that photo----don't think I'll ever be able to erase that from my mind.  That one picture will haunt me for a long, long time.

Hope the move is going smoothly...let us know when you get in, and how things are going during the getting settled process.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 10:25:11 PM »

It was our boer buck named Timmy...registered name TTJ Alouettes Tin...he was a nice boy until we used him to breed and then he attacked me twice..tore up 2000.00 worth of fencing and gates, and then hurt Taddy..that did me in when he did that.

We are in Texas now.  Will be searching for a new kennel for the dogs tomorrow, I hate where they are right now and I am worried sick about them.  Got to see the house for the first time tonight...WOW!  It is really nice.  Got checked into the motel and ready for bed now...it's been a long day.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »

Hey Pam, are you going to be able to keep the "country gal"  traits in the big city? Yehaw
 You will be like my sis in San Antonio, with fancy house; however, I told my sis, "one day, I am going to have a house that I can't imagine how great.  I have to not look any more at your lovely home, or I will surely sin!!   Remember, it is what is in that house that makes a home!!  Give me land, lots of land, underneath the Southern sky!!
 My goat's feet were not bad after a year of not being able to trim( wife had 4th back surgery), only a little trimming of edge and toes.  I was surprised, as even the Boer doe's feet were not bad. I believe my Kiko buck stuck a nail into the front foot, as a little red blood was coming out of a slice on bottom of foot, and he had been climbing upon a long wood feed trough, to try to get to the girls. You should have seen two men catching those large male goats, as the BoKi male, drug the over 225lb man down, and jumped into the air like an acrobat, and ran down fence, turn around, and I think he gave us the bird!!  The Kiko male was good, as I have found that to place him on his side, and place the knee on his neck, he became almost tranquil.  One man held the head down, I had the legs, and his wife trimmed the feet.  What a job , as I can hardly move this morning.  Enjoy the new home, as life is short!!
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 12:49:37 PM »

It was our boer buck named Timmy...registered name TTJ Alouettes Tin...he was a nice boy until we used him to breed and then he attacked me twice..tore up 2000.00 worth of fencing and gates, and then hurt Taddy..that did me in when he did that.

We are in Texas now.  Will be searching for a new kennel for the dogs tomorrow, I hate where they are right now and I am worried sick about them.  Got to see the house for the first time tonight...WOW!  It is really nice.  Got checked into the motel and ready for bed now...it's been a long day.

I think I would buy a tent and camp somewhere with the dogs until your house is ready to move into..  Most campgrounds allow them as we took our 2 dogs camping with us all the time. Lot cheaper than a motel and kennel.
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »

Charles I have found that a little lavender rubbed into buck nostrils helps calm him down.  Wink
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 05:46:56 PM »

Yes, I saw today on PC, where a lady placed a drop of an essential oil on the back of her goat to milk. I did not catch the name as there several essential oils.

I think if I were Pam, I would rent a mobile trailer there on property until ready to move in.  Remember, cha cheng, cha cheng, you can't take it with you when you are gone. We come in necked, and go out necked--so to speak!!  Enjoy it while you can, as this economy will not last forever.

I still think of trying a small amount of Dormosedan Gel under the tongue of my buck, as it is so good for the horses/donkeys. 
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 08:38:44 AM »

I think I would buy a tent and camp somewhere with the dogs until your house is ready to move into..  Most campgrounds allow them as we took our 2 dogs camping with us all the time. Lot cheaper than a motel and kennel.

I think if I were Pam, I would rent a mobile trailer there on property until ready to move in.  Remember, cha cheng, cha cheng, you can't take it with you when you are gone. We come in necked, and go out necked--so to speak!!  Enjoy it while you can, as this economy will not last forever. 

These are wonderful suggestions Julie and Charles...and given that we were able to do this, we'd surely do them in a quick hurry.  However, our issue is, is that my husband is an executive now, and he has to dress in "dress attire" every day for work.  Showers/shaving, mirrors and such are not to be had in tents...lol.  Not to mention 10 days of both dress clothes, and every day clothes are in our room, along with all the important things such as our 2016 tax papers (we need to get done asap), closing papers for both homes, and the list could go on and on.  So it's almost impossible for us to accomplish all that in a tent or a camper.  We're not allowed to put a camper/trailer on the property we are purchasing, and the owners of the home are still living in that house, and that's a big imposition on them. 

We're doing well now that the dogs are in the new kennel and are enjoying themselves.  The motel isn't so bad, the company is paying for some of it, so we're not out all the funding for motels.  The kennel that the dogs are in now, has cut me a discounted rate and that was a true blessing.  We have obligations to take care of prior to closing on the new house, so we're getting those tasks knocked down as quickly as we can. 

There's just tons to be done before we close.  Tuesday is finding a new bank and getting our funds brought down here out of Louisiana.  Not a hard task, but one that has to be done immediately for sure, and it takes time to go through all the "new" banking paperwork.  Today is "laundry" day....been in a motel since the 15th, and dirty clothes are piling up quick.  The motel we are in now, has a guest laundry room, so I don't have to leave and go find one.  Thank goodness for that. Smiley  This afternoon, is getting Hubby ready to go back to work in the morning, and ready for his Conference meeting in Shreveport, LA on the 22nd and 23rd.  That's suit attire meetings. 

All in all, we're doing ok now.  And we are very, very thankful.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »

Just think, you hubby could get another position, and think what a mess if you had to move again---something like living in the military.  I feel for the hubby, the stress, suits and ties (hey, D. Trump wears them all the time), long trips will make one grow old faster than necessary.  I used to have to wear dress clothes for a long time, and am glad it is over for me.  All the money in the world is not worth the excessive stress that  comes our way in these modern times---however, life goes on, and we have to meet the challenge to survive.  May God bless your new home and life, as I have sent up a prayer for you and yours.
 God bless
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 06:36:20 AM »

Thanks Charles...that means a lot to me.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 12:59:11 PM »

These are wonderful suggestions Julie and Charles...and given that we were able to do this, we'd surely do them in a quick hurry.  However, our issue is, is that my husband is an executive now, and he has to dress in "dress attire" every day for work.  Showers/shaving, mirrors and such are not to be had in tents...lol.  Not to mention 10 days of both dress clothes, and every day clothes are in our room, along with all the important things such as our 2016 tax papers (we need to get done asap), closing papers for both homes, and the list could go on and on.  So it's almost impossible for us to accomplish all that in a tent or a camper.  We're not allowed to put a camper/trailer on the property we are purchasing, and the owners of the home are still living in that house, and that's a big imposition on them. 

We're doing well now that the dogs are in the new kennel and are enjoying themselves.  The motel isn't so bad, the company is paying for some of it, so we're not out all the funding for motels.  The kennel that the dogs are in now, has cut me a discounted rate and that was a true blessing.  We have obligations to take care of prior to closing on the new house, so we're getting those tasks knocked down as quickly as we can. 

There's just tons to be done before we close.  Tuesday is finding a new bank and getting our funds brought down here out of Louisiana.  Not a hard task, but one that has to be done immediately for sure, and it takes time to go through all the "new" banking paperwork.  Today is "laundry" day....been in a motel since the 15th, and dirty clothes are piling up quick.  The motel we are in now, has a guest laundry room, so I don't have to leave and go find one.  Thank goodness for that. Smiley  This afternoon, is getting Hubby ready to go back to work in the morning, and ready for his Conference meeting in Shreveport, LA on the 22nd and 23rd.  That's suit attire meetings. 

All in all, we're doing ok now.  And we are very, very thankful.

I can see where camping might be difficult for you right now  Roll Eyes  So glad that you found an excellent kennel so close to your new home.  God is good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: