HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 07:32:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
20251 Posts in 1451 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Dairy Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  If all goes right...
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: If all goes right...  (Read 487 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:09 AM »

All 3 of the for sale doelings will be leaving this morning, to the same farm! WooHoo! I took a major hit on the price, they got 3 for the price of 1, but they are going to a good home and I won't have to feed them. Plus, the dams won't be feeding them any more. Which, helps in this next bit of good news. I have someone who wants to buy a gallon a day of milk. Again, the price is lower than what most charge, but hey, 5.00 is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick any day! I've been dumping the milk, so this is a good thing! I had cut the protein% and amount of grain down to slow production without shutting it down completely, so now I can bump it up slightly and add 3 does to the line. Both calls came in within minutes of each other last night. YESSSS! Cool run :grnstrs:

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »

That is good news!   I am sorry you did not get what your girls were worth, but you are right in the fact that going to a good home is best.  The fact that they would have cost more to feed each day you kept them makes it a profit in my mind   Smiley

Selling milk is way better than dumping it and maybe selling will pick up too?  Have you gotten any rain yet?  Or is it cold enough to snow now??
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »

We've gotten a little bit of rain, and it's raining right now. It's supposed to rain like crazy tonight into tomorrow with 40 MPH winds. Parts of Maine are getting snow, mostly western. We have had a couple of killing frosts but no snow. The temps are supposed to tank (currently in the low 40's) tonight but warm back up to the upper 40's/lower 50's next week. Temps will be in the 20's and 30's at night.

The girl who is buying the milk said she will buy as much as I can give her right now. That's a good thing!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »

God sends blessings in great ways doesn't he?  This is so awesome for you Deb.  Any extra monies will really help with the repair of your house.  I'm real happy for you.

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »

Deb that's all wonderful news! At least they are off the payroll, that's how I have to look at it if I don't get the price I want.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »

Yeah, it does cut the feed bill a little. I do miss one of them, I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that she was staying. She became a pet. I miss her, but knowing she is at a really good, permanent home helps.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: