HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Wind anyone?
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Wind anyone?  (Read 198 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: January 11, 2017, 01:00:08 PM »

I don't mind a nice breeze but my gosh the wind is blowing something awful lately.  I was trying to load down my wheelbarrow with hay to feed my horses ( no easy task)  and in exasperation I looked up to heaven and said " Lord, is there any reason it has to be so darn windy?  What purpose is there for it?

In response a huge gust came and blew my wheelbarrow right over  Huh?   Hay blowing EVERYWHERE  Angry   I guess I won't question the ways of my Creator anymore......
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »

Grin

What a grand answer to prayer, He has a sense of humor doesn't He?

Many years ago when hubby was chaplain at a mission, I was hankering for an espresso maker.
A donation came in this box, an espresso maker! Oh was I doing a thank you Jesus dance.
Then I opened it. A box of children's books written in Espanol  Grin 
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:06:50 AM »

Grin Grin  I have a feeling you're getting the winds that we got down here over this last weekend.  Here in LA it was awful.  I'm still cleaning huge limbs that came down in that wind.  Having to use my tractor and log chain to pick some of them up because they are too heavy for me to lift into the tractor bucket.  2 large limbs went down on fences.  I worked on that almost all day yesterday.  I was in Houston this last weekend looking for houses.  The wind over there kept blowing me around and pushing me all over every where.  Roll Eyes laugh tongue  It was so terribly cold, raining and then the ice hit here in LA, putting my HVAC down and all these limbs down.  When I got home late Sunday night it was not a nice homecoming.  No heat in the house!!!  House was down to 47 degrees.  I arrived home at 10:30pm Sunday night.  By 11pm I had the fireplace going full force.  At 11:30pm I was out with the headlamp on and the chain saw and cutting wood.  Bet my neighbors appreciated that!!!  I did manage to get the house heated to 63 degrees.  At least keeping the pipes from freezing.  But I had to keep it stoked and burning hot, which meant every 15 to 30 minutes loading and stoking the fire.  I didn't sleep for 36 hours.  Thank God the HVAC is working now!!!!

We were 20 degrees over the weekend, and now we're up in the mid 70's.  In fact it's 4:06am here now and it's 67 degrees outside already. 

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »

Hey Pam, are you paying the preacher????   Yehaw-- Sounds like around here.
Question for the Southern ladies--- What are you planting in the fields that are almost barren from the drought, as we have some rain now, and my pasture is greening up!!  I need to broadcast some seed while the weather is warming up. 
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »

Grin

What a grand answer to prayer, He has a sense of humor doesn't He?

Many years ago when hubby was chaplain at a mission, I was hankering for an espresso maker.
A donation came in this box, an espresso maker! Oh was I doing a thank you Jesus dance.
Then I opened it. A box of children's books written in Espanol  Grin 

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: