HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 06:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19754 Posts in 1408 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Those We Loved and Lost (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  RIP Prince...
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: RIP Prince...  (Read 500 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« on: January 20, 2017, 05:06:18 AM »

Born March 23rd 2003 was the greatest goat ever.  The day he was born, I raised him up to my husband and said "Roll out the red carpet, break out the silver teats!!!  WE HAVE OUR BLUE EYED BOY!!!" 

Regal as he was, his hooves didn't touch the ground for the first week of his newborn life except to nurse his momma.  I packed that baby boy around with me every where.  I showed him to every one who came to the farm if they wanted to see him or not.  This created a great bond between him and I.  One that was never broken his entire life.

Now I raise him up to the good Lord above, as his soul passes over the Rainbow Bridge.  Prince passed away yesterday, just 2 months shy of his 14th birthday.  He passed Peacefully and quietly, the way we would all hope our animals to go.  His old heart just stopped beating.  He was loved and cherished all his born days.  A goat that every one loved upon meeting him.  A goat that could calm the most troubled heart.  A goat that could make a hater love again.  A goat that could make you smile and laugh.  He was all this and so much more.

I loved him dearly from day one, to the last breathe he took.  I love him still and the void and mourning in my heart will be there a long time.  I thank God he passed so easy, and peacefully.  He deserved that.  Oh how I loved him!!  I can't even explain how much I loved that silly goat.

Gone, but he will never be forgotten, and he will live on in my heart and my memories.  Rest in Peace my dearest treasured friend. 

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 07:02:50 AM »

Wow Pam, he looks like a twin to my wether--except the blue eyes.   A great looking goat. and same size.  My wether is 3/4 Kiko, and 1/4 Spanish.
blessednest
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:31:52 AM »

Bug Hug

Central Ohio
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »

Oh Pam. Cry
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »

I am so sorry   Cry Cry

He had an exceptional life with you,  filled with love.   May God grant you peace and healing as you mourn.
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »

I'm so sorry Pam.  He was magnificently handsome and a GRAND goat.  He had a most wonderful life with you and couldn't have asked for better.  I'm so glad he went peacefully and I think it's the hardest thing about raising and having these animals.  Thinking about you!

Elizabeth
ilroost
Caprine Guru

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 05:11:45 PM »

So sorry Pam!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 06:00:05 AM »

Thank you every one.  I knew this was coming.  I knew he had rough days that made me think he wasn't going to pull out of it, but he always did.  Those rough days were not what took him, and I'm thankful for that, because Prince deserved to pass with the peacefulness that he brought to so many lives over the years.  His soul will remain here for eternity.  His memory will stay with not just me, but so many people who grew to know and love him over all his years.  You know in your heart the days were numbered and his time was near, but you're never really prepared for it.  He will be deeply missed.  I'll never forget that fog horn "baa" he had.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: