HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2018, 09:51:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
19426 Posts in 1377 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Meat Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  My Kiko Buck's portfolio is growing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Topic: My Kiko Buck's portfolio is growing  (Read 1589 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2017, 05:25:57 AM »

Something you might be able to do....Does he eat individually or does he eat in a group with the others?  If you could feed him individually, you could feed him in a dish.  From the outside of the fence, you could walk the dish down the fence openings, and put his food on the ground first and then go in and feed the rest of them.  If you could build him a small pen for just feeding times then you could walk his food down from outside the fence line, go in and shut his pen gate, then feed the rest of the goats, and by then he'll be done eating and you can open his gate back up and let him out as you're going out of the pasture.  This assures you that he's tucked away while you're doing what you need to do.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »

Something you might be able to do....Does he eat individually or does he eat in a group with the others?  If you could feed him individually, you could feed him in a dish.  From the outside of the fence, you could walk the dish down the fence openings, and put his food on the ground first and then go in and feed the rest of them.  If you could build him a small pen for just feeding times then you could walk his food down from outside the fence line, go in and shut his pen gate, then feed the rest of the goats, and by then he'll be done eating and you can open his gate back up and let him out as you're going out of the pasture.  This assures you that he's tucked away while you're doing what you need to do.

That is what i always did.  I really tried to keep my reasons to go into his pen limited.

Does he have a wether companion to " play" with?  That seemed to make a lot of difference in my guys.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 01:43:39 PM by Julie H » Logged
MedsHomestead
Goataholic

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 01:56:56 PM »

He does have his own pen and pasture and a wether companion - they each have their own feed pan.  Actually the squirt bottle is working pretty well and I have been throwing their hay from outside the fence into their hayrack - limiting my time in their pen.  When they need more attention - my hubby or my grandson take care of them this all seems to be working pretty well
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »

That is good to hear  Smiley
MedsHomestead
Goataholic

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2018, 10:46:22 AM »

I sold my Buck yesterday!   Cry He was such a gentleman leaving.  I miss him alreadt
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »

Your sorrow  won't last  Grin
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2018, 03:11:19 PM »

Ah, so sorry. It's so sad when we have to part with our babies.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:24:00 AM by dragonlair » Logged

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 05:50:12 AM »

Yeah, that empty nest is awful on the heart.  I'm so sorry.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: