HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 06:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19438 Posts in 1390 Topics by 722 Members
Latest Member: grammadeb
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  New kid pictures
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: New kid pictures  (Read 145 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: April 18, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »

As always my girls kidded one after the other with one day  4 does kidding.  What a crazy and stressful time!  So far 14 does have kidded and I have 25 healthy kids all nursing on mom!!

The buck has dappled genetics and so far I have 23 traditional kids  Angry     They do have spots on their heads and necks , like dad  Smiley      3 more to kid so I still have hope of more color.
 But 2 striking girls!!!

15 bucks 
10 does

Ages range from 1-2 weeks old now and they are loving the dirt hill.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:30:17 PM by Julie H » Logged
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »

Oh Julie they are SPLENDID! But how come you have to be clear across the country!?   Angry
Those spots are way cool!
So you are done kidding then?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:30:19 AM »

OMG!!!  I WALKED THROUGH BABY HEAVEN!!!  Oh man, my heart just melted looking at all those gorgeous little babies.  The spotted ones are very striking, and just shear awesome, but it makes no difference...a baby goat hug, a baby goat kiss...a baby goat baa...nothing more special than that, no matter what color they are.

3 more to kid...my goodness...you could end up with a Doe year yet.  But the enjoyment of the personalities of those baby boys is way beyond worrying about a Buckling/Doeling year. 

Congratulations, and job well done Julie.  Can't wait to see what pops out of the next 3 ovens...cobbler, or cheesecake....oh man...good no matter which pie it is!!! hahaha.  Grin Grin

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »

When I saw the 2 were so striking and just what I wanted , I just KNEW they were boys ( aren't they always)??

God has smiled on me and they are girls and yes, I am keeping them  Grin  Their mothers are actually ones I try to keep from as they are hardy and beautiful as well.

Nancy--I have 3 more to kid, but they seem to be taking their time.  The buck was in for 3 months so it is anyones guess when they will actually go.   I just check the udder morning and evening just in case they get huge.

Birdie-- I agree.  I would rather have traditional HEALTHY kids over coat patterns, for sure.  But I always hope for some color  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:35:41 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 05:25:57 AM »

It's sad but very true, Color sells.  I'm guilty of it as well.  Your babies are gorgeous, traditional marked as well as spotted.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: