HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 01:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
20244 Posts in 1450 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Kids out to pasture
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Kids out to pasture  (Read 231 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: May 18, 2017, 11:47:27 AM »

Just because I love to bore everyone with my goat pictures......

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:49:00 AM by Julie H » Logged
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:54:43 PM »

Love being bored by other Boers. Who is in #7? He is nicely built.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 03:57:07 AM »

Yes, my thoughts exactly, who is number 7?  Nice built baby.  And number 3...love that babies frosted ears.  Those two lemon heads...they are little comedians, you can see it in their faces!!!  Grin  The "Wow" factor goes to those two spotted babies...they are definite eye catchers.  Are they siblings? 

The momma's look really good this year.  You've done a great job with them.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »

Yes, my thoughts exactly, who is number 7?  Nice built baby.  And number 3...love that babies frosted ears.  Those two lemon heads...they are little comedians, you can see it in their faces!!!  Grin  The "Wow" factor goes to those two spotted babies...they are definite eye catchers.  Are they siblings? 

The momma's look really good this year.  You've done a great job with them.

#7 is Chase.  His mother is my only girl with Nubian in her,  so he is 1/8th Nubian.  He is actually one of my favorites  Wink

Lemon heads made me laugh  Grin  Those are brothers Ralpie & Randy and they are a hoot and always underfoot.

Tippie  & Kenna are not related except by the buck and my only 2 spotted ones.  I am keeping them both ( surprise, surprise)  Smiley

The mothers have done a great job.  I just clean up and put food out.  So glad to have no bottle kids.....
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 01:59:38 PM »

Chase is VERY nice. A few years back I sold a purebred bottle kid with speckled ears like that. She bred her to a buck that throws paint & color. She had a gorgeous red & white paint doe.
Love the blondies too.
And who has that nice cape? Is it a doe?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:47:29 AM »

yep I agree, Chase is a keeper for sure.  And most definitely I would keep Tippie and Kenna.  But then again, you've got a keeper crop this year...it would be hard to decide which one to keep and which one to let go of.  I remember having one born on our farm...he was like your Ralphie and Randy...his name was Little Britches...and let me tell you what...he could make satan smile.  He was always doing something that made you giggle, and yep, just like yours, always under foot.  His markings on his face made him look like he was smiling all the time.  I sold him as a replacement herd sire and you know, I should have held onto him.  He brought me such great joy every day.  I really missed him after he left.  Those are priceless animals, that makes you smile and giggle and enjoy the toils and work of owning these creatures.  There is always that "one" in the crowd, and they are just worth keeping.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 01:03:38 PM »

Chase is VERY nice. A few years back I sold a purebred bottle kid with speckled ears like that. She bred her to a buck that throws paint & color. She had a gorgeous red & white paint doe.
Love the blondies too.
And who has that nice cape? Is it a doe?

What type of marking is "cape?  If you are talking about the on with in the group, facing the camera, with the dark brown around the chest??  If so, that is a buck  Sal .

If it is the smaller reddish colored one next to him that is indeed a doe , Annie.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:06:57 PM by Julie H » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: