HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 05:36:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihandwcm

Stats
19273 Posts in 1376 Topics by 718 Members
Latest Member: Mwtink
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Abe
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Abe  (Read 68 times)
Jan
Caprine Guru

Central CA. Boers, Nubian, Alpine

Abe
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:49:32 PM »

CNN - In another 'first' from the Plane Living Ranch, authorities have discovered the first goat not afraid of water. Until now experts believed goats melt in water.

'Abe' has other peculiar traits unknown in the goat world. He does not urinate in the garage, poop in the orchard, and no pen can contain him.

I don't want to be perfect, I just want to make a difference.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 05:52:07 AM »

Houdini ... that should be his name.  Very pretty goat.  Hanna was a house trained baby and to the day she died, she wouldn't poo or pee in the barn and God forbid if it was raining for longer than she could hold it, she would scream for me to come with the rain coat so she didn't get wet while going potty in the rain!!!  Grin Grin

~ Birdie ~
Jan
Caprine Guru

Central CA. Boers, Nubian, Alpine

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »

Houdini is a great name, but we already have one by that name.

I don't want to be perfect, I just want to make a difference.
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:57:00 PM »

Birdie -- that's the doggonedist thing I ever heard.  We've raised babies in the garage...never in the house, but you better believe that the next set of bottle babies will be brought up that way!

Why are goats so darned cute, and why don't more people realize it?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 05:55:14 AM »

I have always wanted babies named Chaos and Chitto...I tell ya, both names fits good for Goats...lol. 

I do enjoy raising babies in the house.  They are a lot of work, but they are also a lot of fun.  I think my next house baby, will have a doggie door to go in and out of...lol.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 10:46:08 AM »

I hate having them in the house! I would keep them inside only until they were eating enough to keep them warm and then they went outside with the herd. That was usually about 2 weeks of age. I absolutely HATE bottle kids- as kids and as adults! grrrrrrr lol

This year I made a nursery out of a giant dog crate, up on wood horses and covered with a thick sleeping bag. The bottle kids lived in that for the first 2 weeks and then moved in with the herd.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 12:46:23 PM »

I love my bottle kids, but we have enough in the house already.  Since my kids are born in warm weather the barn works great.  I just have to walk up the hill to feed-- good exercise.....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: