HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 12:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19763 Posts in 1408 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Caprine Health and Information (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Paranoia time!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Paranoia time!  (Read 385 times)
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »

My  Pyrenees was ruined her first year here, whereby we are just across the river where the Battle of Resaca, was fought, and on a damp, rainy day, the canons go off, and the building shake.  Why so much gun powder is a mystery to me.  It ruined her, and on stormy days, and thunder, she goes into panic mode unless I am with her, and talk to her.  It is so sad.  No one wants a climbing dog, terrified of thunder.  I read that a high % of Pyrenees are thunder phobic.  I may just have her fixed, and cut her hair short . I also have an Airedale , that is a great dog.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 06:07:05 AM »

That VetriScience is worth it's weight in gold to me.  Sammy was so stressed out over this move, he hadn't eaten in over 2 weeks.  I was force feeding him, trying to get extra vitamins down him to enhance his appetite, and that was a huge struggle.  Then he started that explosive diarrhea...oh my word, it was awful.  He had already lost 33 pounds and was looking awful.  The vet tested him for every thing and finally said "he's just stressed out, there's nothing we can find wrong with him."  Then she told me about these Chews and I was skeptical of course, but I had to do something.  Gave him 2 of them, and Sasha 1 of them, and low and behold those two were perfect angels on the ride here to Texas.  Sasha gets car sick, and Sammy stressed out any way and a bad storm hit us the whole drive to Texas...neither one of them flinched an inch making this drive.  They did great.  Even when we got here and got to the kennel, they were still very relaxed and calm.  Nothing bothering either one of them, not even the storm.

That's when I decided, that stuff was worth the money.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 06:49:31 AM »

Wow, if it  works for me, it will be worth the money for sure.   I see it contains 100mg of B-1, 75mg of L Tryptophan, 25mg of 3C, 25mg of L Theamine.  I may try compounding this formula, except the 3C's, and see if it works.  It is not cheap.  I am not familiar with colostrum calmning complex.
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

We will have to start calling you Dragonhair!!   I just tried to imagined a lady getting up in bed covered with dog hair.  I hope it is only one on the bed, and not all!!  Yehaw  I would sneeze my head off as a Yeti!!  I don't guess you need a 45 in house!
 Ok, I read you amount of Alfalfa, but how much 16% grain  daily?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 06:36:43 AM »

Wow, if it  works for me, it will be worth the money for sure.   I see it contains 100mg of B-1, 75mg of L Tryptophan, 25mg of 3C, 25mg of L Theamine.  I may try compounding this formula, except the 3C's, and see if it works.  It is not cheap.  I am not familiar with colostrum calmning complex.

If it costs more for you to compound it, than it is to buy it...then I'd just buy the chews...the dogs really like them...apparently they taste good. 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 04:35:10 PM »

I have 2 dogs on the bed with me, 2 more downstairs and 4 outside in their condo. My entire house looks like I have shag carpeting, as all the dogs have heavy shedders!

When my does are pregnant, up to the time they kid, I give them 1-2 pounds of 16% dairy pellets a day. Up here we can't get really good hay. The growing/drying season is usually too short for alfalfa and more than a 1st crop of hay. So, our hay is low in protein, minerals and energy, so I have to make up for it with alfalfa pellets and concentrates. I also only have a 1 acre farm, so grazing/browsing is not an option.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »

i know Maine is cold weather country, and do you use essential oils for all that dander?  Yehaw, Yehaw
Thanks for info on the feed.  I am about the same with feed, and I am giving 1 lb of A. Pellets as well.  I sent Pam an email to post of my Kiko buck and my two bred does.
 Better watch those dew claws on the Pyrenees, they get pretty long and sharp!!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 06:20:38 AM »

I posted the pictures in "Meat Goats"...Titled it using your userid name.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 11:00:09 AM »

I feed a high fat kibble along with coconut oil and brewers yeast to help with the skin. (For the Malamutes, they need extra fat in their diet and it helps the Pyr also)

At work, we have had grey uniform shirts all these years. All the dog wool sort of blends in with the color, so no one at work ever sees that I have dog hair all over me. The black pants are those horrid polyester blends that, while uncomfortable, do not attract dog hair/wool, it just doesn't stick to it and can easily be brushed off or the wind will blow it away as I walk to my car of the employee entrance at work.

HOWEVER! They have decided to make us change to dark green shirts. So, not only will we look like Mr. Ranger from Yogi Bear, all that hair is going to stick to the material and be very visible. I work security at our local hospital and they stress professionalism, but those green shirst are anything but.  Angry

Nessa keeps her dewclaws trimmed down herself. She is funny. She and a couple of the Malamutes chew on their dew claws and keep them trimmed down all by themselves. There is never enough to trim when I go to trim dog nails! Nessa has 2 1/2 dew claws on each rear foot.  She's kind of "special"! lololol laugh Wink

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: