HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:58:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19694 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Vet Clinic (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Injured baby goat
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Topic: Injured baby goat  (Read 619 times)
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2017, 12:14:56 PM »

That looks well healed!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2017, 06:09:39 AM »

That's amazing.  He looks to be adapting to it very well.  You're doing a great job with him.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »

Awesome!

Animals do not experience handicaps like humans do. They just accept it and move on, they don't dwell on their loss. If people would stop thinking of animals in human terms, more animals like your guy would be saved. The animal wheelchairs and prosthetics are becoming more popular, cheaper and readily available, so more and more animals can be saved. All it takes is an owner who cares, like you do.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Jan
Caprine Guru

Central CA. Boers, Nubian, Alpine

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2017, 06:39:28 AM »

PegLeg continues to do well, although he does hang back at mealtime so he doesn't get run over.  We try to make sure he gets his treats alone at treat time.

The hair on his stump has grown back and he's back to his handsome self. He still loves me despite me being responsible for doctoring the leg pre-amputation and the amputation itself.

I don't want to be perfect, I just want to make a difference.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2017, 05:26:53 AM »

Aren't they a forgiving animal?  I just loved that about goats.  They forgive so easily when they know, what you are doing may hurt real bad, but they also sense that you're doing it out of Love.  There is nothing like a goats gratitude either.  They never forget what you did for them.  Humans could take many lessons off a goat for sure. Smiley

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2017, 03:17:02 PM »

Glad he's doing so well!

My goats hold grudges and have long memories.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: