HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 07:45:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19691 Posts in 1403 Topics by 723 Members
Latest Member: MaryKat1982
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Venting
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Venting  (Read 152 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: June 18, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »

So, I have been emailing back and forth with this person about my 2 mini Mancha bucklings for over a week now. The ad clearly explains what they are- a middle size goat, half way between the Nigerian Dad and Lamancha mom, coming 3 months old. I also included how well bred they are, health info, the typical ad info. Also included were side and read shots of them both. She said she wanted them to start her own herd of Mini Manchas.

So, they decide to come today. I work Sundays so I have to rearrange my schedule for chores, meaning I need to get up an hour earlier to get chores done and get the kids separated from the herd and in a smaller "viewing" pen. So, going to bed at 0230 and rising at 0700/0730 to accommodate the potential buyer. Ok, I will do what I have to do because most people do have weekends off.

So, I wrestled with these 2 monsters. (they are well built and very strong!) I get them in the pen with hay and water and start chores. I had just gotten done milking when they showed up. The woman walks into the pen before I could stop her (I don't allow people in the stalls/pens. I take the kids/goats outside to show them). She marches up to them and asks about the size. She actually thought that the size they are right now at 3 months of age (a bit smaller than their dad) is the size they will be a maturity. I told her they would grow to be between the size of the dad and the mom. She actually accused me of false advertising!  Angry Angry Angry Angry Excuse me? Can't you read??????? I fully explained what they were and how big they would be when full grown. Sorry if you are too stupid to understand plain English or that you never bothered to research the specifics of a breed you say you want to start raising???????

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »

How aggravating! At least she showed up?
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »

Yeah, she showed up to pretty much accuse me of trying to sell a large goat as a Nigerian. If she is thinking that Mini Manchas will be tiny like Nigerians, she has a rude awakening coming. Maybe she should do a bit of research into the breed?

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 06:35:45 AM »

you can't fix stupid...that's all there is to it.

I would have asked her exactly what she thought "mini mancha" was.  If she couldn't answer that correctly, I would have educated her on the spot.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:22:17 PM »

I did.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 04:49:31 AM »

Ok, curiosity has me...what did she say when you asked her that?  tongue laugh

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »

It can be extremely aggravating dealing with the private buyer...  Ask me how I know!!  They must have relatives in every place i've lived!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 05:40:27 AM »

It can be extremely aggravating dealing with the private buyer...  Ask me how I know!!  They must have relatives in every place i've lived!

ROLF ROLF :haha: Grin

Yup, I do believe they do, they are down here too!!!

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »

Julie this is the best explanation EVER!
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 01:57:41 PM »

Grin Grin

I ask myself why I continue to sell to the private buyer and it is because I love when the right buyer comes and just falls in love with that special kid ( s).  In the end I would rather have them go to homes where they will be loved.  Like I love my girls.

I guess I can put up with the looney tunes that crop up on occasion.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »

She said she thought they would be as small as the Nigerian because they are MINIS! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »

Good grief even I know that.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 06:30:21 AM »

Julie I felt that same way...I can say "no" to anyone...but when that right person pulls in, and that right goat comes in sight...it's a done deal, and it makes it wall worth doing.  I've told a lot of folks "no" when they wanted one of my goats.  I don't feel bad about it.  Not at all.  In all those years, I only sent 6 goats to the sell barn.  One was a Barren Doe, 4 were inbred bucklings that I refused to sell as bucks, but was approached to purchase them as breeding bucks by every one looking to buy a buck for that year, and of course Timmy...that nasty Satanic Boer Buck.  So in all those years, I was really, REALLY lucky to sell straight off my farm.  Did the same thing with our calves too.  Of course back in Missouri we sold only a few calves off the farm, and the rest went to the sale barn...that was a way bigger operation than what we had in Arkansas.  We always tried our best to sell off the farm, instead of hauling them to a sale barn.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: