HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 05:35:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihandwcm

Stats
19273 Posts in 1376 Topics by 718 Members
Latest Member: Mwtink
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Meat Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  cbdales goats
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: cbdales goats  (Read 70 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« on: June 19, 2017, 06:16:26 AM »

Ok, I have tried and tried to get Photobucket to allow me to upload pictures and put them in here....so I opened a different photo sharing site and joined it and I'm attempting to finally post pictures...hopefully this will work.

Charles, here's your goats in all their glory...they are fine looking animals.  You've done a very good job.

Firs is your Kiko Buck...absolutely adore his color...
https://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/i/m/a/l/ilbirdie/2017-06/st/charles_burrells_kiko_buck-17824126.jpg?ts=1497870000?r=0.2135278575431505

Next is your Boer Doe...she looks great.
https://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/i/m/a/l/ilbirdie/2017-06/st/charles_burrells_boer_doe-30723351.jpg?ts=1497869998?r=0.6985701103070094

Next is your Birdie...no not me...your goat!!! hahaha..  Grin  And she's fine like cotton candy and reminds me a lot of my Hanna girl.
https://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/i/m/a/l/ilbirdie/2017-06/st/charles_burrells_birdie-5661122.jpg?ts=1497869996?r=0.9357238454816792

~ Birdie ~
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 06:19:36 AM »

I don't have a clue why the pictures are so small...I put them in using their original size.  I tried to edit the size but I haven't found inside the site where to do that at.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Goataholic

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:31:49 AM »

Well, their big bellies do not show up in my photo.  They are slick, and the Kiko's coat is really looking good after the winter coat is off.  I am still treating  his crack in right hoof.  I hope it will heal.
 I did not send the BoKi buck, as he is really solid, and his scrotum is down to his knees--looks like a bull.    I have to get he and Birdie registered.  He will make a great herd sire for meat goats.
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »

Love those big boned does! Your buck's coat is awesome, what kind of minerals are you feeding there Charles?
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »

They look good.  I wouldn't be afraid of them getting too heavy with what you are feeding.  I am guessing the first doe is the one who has the birthing issues?  She looks pretty full of kids.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 05:33:25 AM »

Your Boer Doe should be due to kid any day right?  If so, watch her really close Charles...this heat is awful bad this time of year on those babies, and her.  Don't give her the regular warm molasses water after she births..molasses holds body heat and she's going to get really over heated while in labor.  Give her cool very weak molasses water if that at all...I'd rather you give her some electrolyte water...mine seem to really like the pedialyte for babies, in the fruited flavor...you may want to dilute it down 2/3rds pedialyte to 1/3 cool water.  Also the cooked oatmeal...don't lace it with molasses, lace it with brown sugar instead.  All that will hold her body temp up there really high, so just be careful.  The babies won't know when they are over heating, so you'll have to make sure they stay in the shade in the coolest area you can find.  Maybe even hook up a fan so that they don't get too hot.

Down here, we're at 93+ and it's hot.  Our pool water is at 90 degrees.  This heat, my dogs stay outside maybe 30 minutes and are begging to come back in and we're 85% shade here.  It's just flat hot.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:21:48 PM »

Nice looking goats!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
cbdale
Goataholic

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »

I use sweetlix minerals, and Manna Pro, and my feed is Purina Noble for girls, and the guys get CPC, Show Goat feed, and is 15 cents a lb,  and you pull up with  truck, and fill a 55 gallon , plastic barrel.  I was amazed how much weight it puts upon the boys, and it has Rumesin and NH4CL as well.  I am adding a small amount of BOSS, and 2 oz of Dumor Hoof in Onyx's feed daily for hoof. and free hay. His is shining like a silver dollar now with winter coat gone.  I will have all my goats on this feed after kidding.  My freshner doe had a lovely, solid black doe, and 3 days early, showing no ligaments softening, and only 1/3 of her utter forming, no signs of having her kid.  My Boer doe is looking like triplets again- any day. The mother/daughter duo, are so in to each other, they both cleaned the kidding, and both look after the little doe.  I am trying to watch as close as I can , that I can separate them when the moma Boer has her kids.
 Looks like more Alfalfa pellets for me in more breedings.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 06:21:15 AM »

Congrats on the new arrival...Birdie had that baby?  I can't wait to see it.  I haven't checked emails in a few days...been busy here.  Sorry I missed your call.  I do hope the birthing went well.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: