HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19842 Posts in 1418 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Stressed out goats!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Stressed out goats!  (Read 215 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 06:12:51 AM »

We got 5 to 6 inches of rain here a few days ago...night before last it wasn't suppose to rain and it did.  Harvey dumped a ton of rain as you all know, but these southern states absorbs that water like a sponge...it dries out quick...sandy soil.  We needed a little rain for sure.  Now it's time to mow grass again.  Roses are blooming again...thankful for that...Harvey flooded out so many of my plants, that I'll be replanting for a long time.

I know my family and friends in Missouri are saying how dry it is and gardens aren't doing well either.  Hay fields are producing less this year.  Rye/Wheat needs this rain badly.  Rye is planted for cattles winter grazing, so hopefully you all get a lot more rain yet.

Deb, the hurricane's that came up the east coast you didn't get any thing from that?  That's really strange.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »

Here where I am we got 1/2 a inch  Angry  It has greened the pasture up some.  South and North might have gotten more.  Weather( or the lack there of)  can make you crazy.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »

They all darted out to sea before hitting Maine. They're thinking Nate may pay us a visit the beginning of week, though.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 06:22:27 AM »

down here, all eyes are on Nate...Shane has a bunch of boats and employees in harms path of that thing.  The company is preparing them all for the worst and lining up boats to be at docks and turning other boats around and sending them away from it and have all the names and phone numbers of every one who lives in states that will be affected by it.  His company has been really good to take care of their employees if they are hit by one of these hurricanes.  Shane of course works around the clock when these things get closer...he worries about those guys. 

Hopefully you all get some rain from these storms, but hopefully it isn't flooding or the actual storm itself.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 01:23:17 PM »

Another hurricane?   Stay safe you guys!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »

Yeah, Nate seems to want to cover a more varied path than the others, so those that escaped the wrath of the others will get a visit by him!

I won't mind so much if the temp stays reasonably warm during all this rain. Because of my hips and knees, I haven't been able to clean out the buck stalls so I can bring them inside. Their outside summer pen is not a good place for them when the weather gets chilly and wet. Very little protection. I'm just going to scrape the worse of last winters "stuff" out of their stalls and hope that they aren't frozen when my son gets home in late February. He can help dig them out then! Wink

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: