HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 03:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
20251 Posts in 1451 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  I have a visitor for the storm
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: I have a visitor for the storm  (Read 167 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: December 22, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »

As I have mentioned, I am an Animal Control Officer, at least for now. I got a call yesterday from a townsperson who needed the trap to catch a domestic bunny that showed up on their doorstep a few days earlier. The weather has been very cold with a lot of snow and frigid temps predicted the next several days. I dropped it off yesterday.

Today, just as the storm started, I got a call that they caught it. I drove over to pick it up. The roads were horrible, so I didn't drive it in to the shelter another several miles away. The little guy is in the barn in a large dog crate stuffed with hay. I put a cat litter bucket filled with hay in it for him to nest in. He has food, water, hay and treats. He is somewhere between a full sized bunny and one of those dwarf ones. He is colored like an English Spotted and very friendly.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »

What a big heart you have!!  Bunny is lucky to have found you.  Merry Christmas!!
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 08:52:56 PM »

We know he's in good hands with you!!   Merry Christmas!!   :MC:

Elizabeth
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 07:07:49 AM »

Awww...a Christmas Bunny...sometimes our best friends comes in different packages...I foresee this little Angel staying around awhile...I do love bunnies and they house train so quick and so easy.  Think about it Deb...Bunny Angel hip hopping around and being so very cute...snuggling in a nice warm bed...and they do love to snuggle. Smiley

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »

We want to see your Christmas Bunny!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »

He's going to have to go to the shelter- it's a law that any animal I pick up, unless released to me by the owner, has to go. It wouldn't be fair to keep him, I am really, really allergic to rabbit and guinea pig hair/dander. I have to bring a kitten in later this week, so I will bring Mr. B in at the same time.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 06:15:49 AM »

Oh that's such a shame.  If I could get Bunny Angel down here, I'd take that Bunny.  Kylie wants a bunny, but she's loving her puppy right now, and isn't thinking about Bunnies.  Her two wishes were to own a Bunny and a Husky.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: