HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19842 Posts in 1418 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  I don't want to play anymore!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: I don't want to play anymore!  (Read 208 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »

I can't imagine all you are going through.  I think I will stop complaining about anything that goes wrong in my life after reading your posts dragon!

I think my #1 pet peeve about living up North was the paths I shoveled multiple times a day to get to the barns and try and keep the driveway cleared would fill in again as soon as I got done.  I spent hours doing it.

I pray you can have both heat and water in your house ( like yesterday!) .  That is unreal.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 05:17:19 PM »

Cayenne helps warm you up, which is great in the winter. It is also  supposed to be an anti inflammatory spice to help with my arthritis and it helps heal stomach ulcers, believe it or not.

No, definitely not a New England thing. I don't think anyone else puts it in their oatmeal. I also sprinkle it in my hot chocolate for added warmth! One of the local ince cream stands makes a milk shake called Dragons breath or something like that. It's chocolate with nutmeg and cayenne. It's awesome.

Yeah, shoveling and shoveling the same place over and over gets old after a while.  Angry

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 01:23:39 AM »

Again, think about moving when your boys come home....while we've been cold (for us) we haven't gone below zero yet.  Virginia is a great place to live. You should be able to get a decent price for your land (house sounds like a dead loss), but maybe someone would want to put a McMansion on your place.  Please think about making your life easier, and getting some new friends for yourself and your sons.

Life doesn't have to be so hard.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »

I have property in New Mexico I could move to (Uncles land), I just don't see me moving for a while yet. I think at some point my mother, brother and I will head west.

My sons cannot leave the state for several years and I can't leave them behind.

On a good note- my water is still flowing and my pellet stove is working again!

Right now is the warmest it's been all day- -2. With the windchill it is -21. It was much colder earlier in the day. Monday will seem like summer, when it warms up to 20. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent an hour digging out the pathway on my front lawn to get to my firewood. The storm came from the north west, my front lawn is north. All my neighbors snow was on my front lawn, several feet of it. I didn't think I was ever going to get to that wood pile, several hundred feet away from my driveway. Then, when I did reach it, I had to dig out the wood. That took a bit, but I got enough to fill the sled twice, I just ran out of time to drag it up. I'll get it tonight when I get home and finish chores. With both the wood stove and the pellet stove running, plus the house foundation buried in snow, it should be very cozy tonight!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: