HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2018, 12:37:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19482 Posts in 1387 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  I guess spring is here
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: I guess spring is here  (Read 802 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 12:55:38 PM »

I remember the year a visiting buck managed to impregnate 2 girls before I could get him castrated.  He was a Pygmy and those Boer/ Pygmy cross kids came out hopping!  Your new arrivals sound so cute!!
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2018, 03:57:06 PM »

Bet they are just adorable!  I could sit and watch them for hours.  They don't have a care in the world!   I have to go down the road now to get my baby goat fix this time of year.  I don't have babies anymore.

Elizabeth
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 05:26:08 AM »

Elizabeth, I always wondered why you weren't breeding any more.  Your goats are gorgeous.

~ Birdie ~
creekmom
Goat Genius

South Central Texas

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2018, 09:27:54 AM »

Originally we had the goats for the AG exemption on our land.  About 4 years ago though we converted that to a wildlife exemption so no longer needed to keep producing and selling the goats.  I absolutely hated the selling part of the babies anyway so now I just enjoy the little herd of 25 Nigerians that I have.  Of course the goats became way more than just a means for the AG exemption, I got real attached and hooked so they will just live their live out here.  Everyone around me says why don't you just sell the rest of them and I say no way. 

Elizabeth
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 05:24:45 AM »

Oh no, selling is not an option when you are that attached to them.  Nigi's make it terrible difficult to sell them any way, because they are so dog gone cute.  People do not realize that if you spend enough time around a goat (especially a baby goat), you'll soon find even the coldest heart, turned soft and as attached as an open loving heart.  Selling is not an option, they are family too.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »

Ok- kidding update!

So far this year (with a few left to go)

1 single
1 set of twins
4 sets of triplets
1 set of quads

My spotted Nubian just presented triplets (2 bucks and a doe) to my son! Lol 2 of the kids (1b/1d) are spotted!!!!!!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 04:48:09 AM »

Wow...you're having a pretty good year my friend.  Even with the crappy weather.  They say spring hasn't sprung yet in your area...sounds to me like there's about 20 springs that sprung in your barn!!! hahaha.  Let the baby hopping and baa'ing start.  Gosh I envy you...wish I were there to enjoy that with you.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 02:27:24 PM »

You are having a good year! 

My first doe just kidded between 1-2pm.  It is Elania  my 14 year old doe.   She presented me with a dark solid ( something) and a dark dappled ( something).  I will check sex later.

I am still not ready!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 03:30:57 PM »

Not sure why my girls were so blasted prolific this year. I have years where I have a single doe popping out trips, but holy cow (goat?) 4 sets of trips and a set of Quads? Man. Too much temptation to keep them! Lol

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 02:13:27 PM »

Maybe it was something you were feeding?  Or something in the water??
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 07:06:45 PM »

And yesterday my Lamancha doe who has ALWAYS produced a single buck presented me with twin does! One is black with some white on her sides. The other is sooo flashy. She reminds me of a dilute calico cat! I need to somehow post pictures on here. My computer refuses to do it for some reason.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 06:44:34 AM »

Deb this is the site I found works pretty good with GB.  It's like Photobucket, but way better, and way faster.
https://www.keepandshare.com/

Congrats to you both on your newest arrivals...

Julie, my favorite color in a goat is black...love the accent colors on that black as well...can't wait to see what you got.

Deb, can't wait to see that diluted Calico I'll bet that is gorgeous.

It's a very happy spring time for you two. 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 11:47:29 AM »

On the day I had my surgery, my Oberhasli doe had twin does by my Nigerian buck. These girls look just like mom.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2018, 06:50:35 AM »

You know Deb, its the Obi coloring and markings that made me love that breed.  Then when I had the chance to enjoy an Obi Doe that my friend owned....I fell in love with their disposition.  Pretty girls with pretty attitudes.  I always wondered if their coloration would be dominant when bred outside to other breeds. 

~ Birdie ~
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: