HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 10:42:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19540 Posts in 1391 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Vet Clinic (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Doe W/Some Circling
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Doe W/Some Circling  (Read 14 times)
ND21st
Goataholic

« on: Today at 12:33:56 PM »

I sent my 9 yr old doe off to a new home along with a couple wethers.  I had observed a few days prior some brief circling.  Very casual just a few times around.  I was watching her for those few days and she didn't do it again.  Well now 2 days into her new home the owner said she wasn't adjusting as well as he'd hoped and he too saw her circle a few times.  He did tell me this morning she was slowly improving, not so agitated, letting him scratch her.
Of course listeriosis and polio rushed into my head, but would it take this long to materialize?  The only ones I've seen came on hard and suddenly.  Should I advise the new owner to maybe give thiamine and Pen?

« Last Edit: Today at 03:06:26 PM by ND21st » Logged
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:33:57 PM »

I would think that if it was listeria or polio, it would have gotten worse and the doe would be dead by now.

Stroke maybe? Something neurological, injury?

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: