HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2018, 12:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19481 Posts in 1387 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  2018 kid pictures
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: 2018 kid pictures  (Read 154 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: May 06, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »

I was wanting to take some newer ones, but oh well.   Here are some of my new kids. These are about a month old, amazing how big they are now.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:19:26 PM by Julie H » Logged
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:02:37 PM »

Boy,  I like the front end of the white, with spots on knees, on first picture.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:20:35 AM »

Julie that's a gorgeous bunch of babies this year.  That 4th and 5th baby down, omg, they snatched my heart!!!  Beautiful animals and your Does look really good.  I'm so jealous and so happy for you.  I miss the babies, I miss them really bad...but your pictures, they fill a void that's been missing for a long time now.  Congrats on some fantastic babies, and good job on every one of them.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »

Boy,  I like the front end of the white, with spots on knees, on first picture.

He is actually a silvery color and is getting darker as he ages,  and yes I said HE  Cry
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »

Julie that's a gorgeous bunch of babies this year.  That 4th and 5th baby down, omg, they snatched my heart!!!  Beautiful animals and your Does look really good.  I'm so jealous and so happy for you.  I miss the babies, I miss them really bad...but your pictures, they fill a void that's been missing for a long time now.  Congrats on some fantastic babies, and good job on every one of them.

They are both BOYS  Angry  I swear as they were born I prayed fervently that they were females and wouldn't you know.....

I have at least 7 nice colored , gorgeously built girls I am trying to find a way to keep as it is, so if these guys were girls I would be having an even worse time.  These babies are so friendly and my daughter and I get mobbed when we feed them and love on them every evening  Grin
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 04:43:01 PM »

Wow, a rainbow of colors!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 04:33:51 AM »

Grin Grin  I was the same way Julie.  Those sweet faces, looking back at me, then that low tone little baa' that said hello every morning that soon turned to absolute desperation baa's that would pierce your ears if you didn't hurry and get to them and give them tons of loving, would melt even the coldest of hearts.  I had troubles selling even the boys, not to mention the girls.  I wanted to keep them all!!!  When I had the pygmy's I did keep them all!!! hahaha. There was no way I could sell them.  I remember one year we had a record crop of kids.  Had trouble naming them all.  Yep, they all got names, even the boys.  OMG...they were all so precious and built right.  Color on top of color that year.  Your little solid mahogany baby...we had one that almost looked just like him/her.  We named him "Whiskey" and his twin brother was born a lemon head and we named him "Gin".  hahaha.  Then another one of our Boer Does (suppose to be American Boer on Mommas side, and SA Boer on Daddy's side) gave birth to twins (girl and boy), marked so gorgeous...Roady was their sire...and we named them Bourbon and Brandy.  They were something nice to look at for sure.  Just so many nicely marked babies that year.  It was hard to sell them.  Joseph was named for all the colors he had on him...we counted 11 different colors.  Then Faith, was an Easter baby, and again, tons of color on her.  We got what we were after you and I...LOTS OF COLOR.  Grin Grin

~ Birdie ~
nancy d
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

N.W. WA

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »

They are all too adorable!
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 02:14:07 PM »

They are all so different that this is the first year I know who everyone is and who they belong to and what their names are  Smiley

I do have 3 solid brown boys that I have to look at real hard to determine who is who, but their browns are a bit different one is lighter, one has darker legs and one has a real light face.  Even my daughter gets stumped occasionally on them, which is a boost to my old fragile ego  Grin  2 are pictured above and looking at the pictures I can't remember what 2 they are  Huh?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 05:16:57 AM »

If you hadn't mentioned that I would have never saw that..they are 2 different babies.  How cool is that?

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: