HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2018, 02:27:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1577 Posts in 72 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  This years keepers
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: This years keepers  (Read 34 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: September 20, 2018, 01:23:22 PM »

Thought I would share the doelings I am keeping this year  Smiley  Not the most conformation flattering pictures but everyone was uncooperative.  They look better in person--really !!  I always keep the best for myself....

Stephanie--  Her base coat is a cream color and she has white dapples and a few darker spots.  It continues to darken as she ages.  She was white at birth.

Natalie-- Her color is striking and she is out of one of my best girls and an very " in your pocket girl".

Claire- She was so tiny at birth and it took 2 days before she was able to walk.  She kinda wormed her way into my heart and she is a character!  She is almost as big as her 1/2 sisters now Smiley

Ivy-- 1/8th Nubian her mother consistently kids the best of the bunch.  I can't get my hands on her but she is awesome!

Iris- 1/8th Nubian and twin sister to Ivy and her I can touch anytime I want to Smiley  She is as nicely built as her sister and I couldn't let her go.

Charlotte-  I can't get my hands on her either ( not for lack of trying) but the minute she was born I knew she was a keeper!  

Laina-- My bottle baby.  Her mom was my best for 13 years and I lost her due to birthing complications this year.  No way would Laina be going anywhere!  Her personality is really emerging and so like her mom!

Daisy-  Not a goat I know  Grin  she just turned 3 months and is a royal pain in the butt Roll Eyes  3/4th Angus 1/4th Jersey

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:14:44 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 06:47:07 AM »

They are beautiful!!!  Every last one of them...including Daisy!!  I'm a real cattle person myself...I adore my goats, but I'm just as in love with cattle/calves.  Daisy is a gorgeous girl.  Angus (especially the Aberdeen) are my favorite and our hand milked cows were Jersey (my special jersey was named Fawn--she was hip pocket and stayed that way all her life).

You have a special crowd there this year.  Will be very interesting to see your next kidding season. Smiley 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 01:21:58 PM »

My next buck is a regular old fashioned " traditional" boy .   The lady is holding his for me till I am ready to pick him up.   I have no idea if I will get any color off him at all but I do have 2 dappled does who will be FF this coming kidding season and  the majority of my does now are colored so who knows?

These girls of course won't be bred this fall, but when I breed them next year I am hoping for lots of excitement in the color department -- i hope  Smiley .

Healthy kids over color any day.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: