HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 04:36:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1654 Posts in 79 Topics by 726 Members
Latest Member: chester_boer
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Another year, another new Buck
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Another year, another new Buck  (Read 158 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: November 04, 2018, 02:45:01 PM »

Breeding season is upon us again.  I picked up this guy a couple of weeks ago from a lady I bought a buck from about 3 years ago.  He is a sweet heart and after a week of non stop activity he is just now happily eating...

Not expecting last years explosion of color ( sigh) , but they should be nice anyway. I won't be tempted to keep so many like I did this year Grin

His name is Mukluk  Smiley

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:47:00 PM by Julie H » Logged
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 02:46:20 PM »

Handsome boy! That brown Nubian (?) sure seems to love him!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »

Good eye!

She is 1/4th Nubian and crosses so well with these Boer bucks.  I kept her 2 doelings from this year as they were awesome.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 05:50:22 AM »

Very handsome fella, with a gorgeous herd of girls.  He should throw some color, he has spots on his back right?  He must have the color genetic, so hopefully with your girls color and his color you might get a variety of colors. Smiley  Guaranteed when you say you won't keep as many, you'll get those ones you can't turn loose of, with color blasting every where.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »

Very handsome fella, with a gorgeous herd of girls.  He should throw some color, he has spots on his back right?  He must have the color genetic, so hopefully with your girls color and his color you might get a variety of colors. Smiley  Guaranteed when you say you won't keep as many, you'll get those ones you can't turn loose of, with color blasting every where.

No enabling Pam !!

I know the breeder has pinto colored as well and my first choice was nicely marked but he developed a freak problem with swallowing and had to be euthanized Cry  So this guy was my second choice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: