HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 10:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1631 Posts in 76 Topics by 726 Members
Latest Member: chester_boer
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Dairy Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Gone away!
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Gone away!  (Read 311 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: August 03, 2018, 04:38:19 PM »

My twin Mini Oberhasli doelings left today. Went to a great new home. WooHoo! the 2 bucklings of triplets left last week. and the Lamancha doelings is spoken for. Finally!

SO, while numbers have gone down over the past week, it will go back up when I get my 3 Nigerian kids next week.

Typical "Goat math!"

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:37:20 PM »

So how many goats do you have now?  How many breeders and kids?

And how is/are your leg(s)?  healing up OK?
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 06:59:13 AM »

It's a typical goat herders life...breed, fall in love with babies, sell, and sorrow when they leave....it's not easy being a goat herder when those little ones reach deep into your heart.  At least you have your new nigi's coming in soon.  Those are so cute, even as adults they are little heart throbs.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »

It is a nice feeling when the load is lightened!  Good luck with your newcomers!

I have sold 11 goats this week  Smiley

I had to sell 2 adult does because I have 6 of this years girls that I COULD . NOT. PART. WITH !

So I sold 2 young bucks.

2 adult does ( with their 2 doelings)

3  single doelings.

Thankfully the 2 boys went together and the 3 single doelings went with one of the adults with her kids.  Very good and loving homes.

I still have 12 boys to unload but I am afraid the majority will go to the sale.  All my girls available have sold.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 01:10:07 PM by Julie H » Logged
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »

I am not really sure how many goats I have, I'm afraid to count. Last time I counted I had 35. That was a while ago. I should probably do it some day.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 02:30:10 AM »

Holy crap!  On one acre, and doing all the work (thinking being mobbed) by yourself?!  Just plain Wow!  You're my new heroine!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 06:34:26 AM »

Wow Deb, 35  Faint  That is a lot of goats on one acre of land.  That triples if not quadruples your work load.  And you have the horses, and chickens and the dogs as well.  My gosh.  I'd trade places with you any day of the week!!!  Cheesy Afro

Julie that's awesome that you got good homes for yours.  Those are hard to come by these days.  I do hope the rest of them find homes without the sale barn involvement.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »

The woman who bought these twins is now buying my last 2 bucklings. She is starting a weed clearing business with her goats, so needs a few more. Unfortunately, she was supposed to be here this morning, then late morning, then early afternoon. She LOL's each time, saying how unorganized she is. She is retired. Now I just got a text asking when I will be home after I pick up my truck at 4. That won't be til 2030 or so, my friends picked my truck up from the shop for me Friday, today is the first chance I've had to pick it up and I need it for tomorrow. I go there at least once a week to visit and have supper. And watch M*A*S*H reruns. Lol

I am probably the most unorganized person in the world, but I always make sure I am on time. I put off getting grain and grocery shopping because of her today. Now I am going to have to do that over the next 2 working days, making for a crazy time in the morning. Sigh.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 05:42:28 AM »

oh Lord...I have dealt with folks like that before.  What a mess it turns out to be.  And to be honest, I am not fond of that.  Hopefully she doesn't delay and throw off your routine and needs any further.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »

There is nothing as frustrating as that.  Then you find you wasted a whole day because you couldn't get anything started because you had to be where you can see them pull in or close enough to hear the phone......

Then they never show or are hours late oe reschedule for another day!!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »

She arrived at 2045, loaded the bucklings and left. 

So, I have 1 or 2 doelings left to sell, and that is it for the season.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: